I think I'm going to need help with this one

LisaZ

Yep im going to be undoing all of the bits and bobs attatched to the engine so its ready to be lifted out.
I have read the how to guide on engine removal but i can see i will proberbly going to struggle lol.
I have done nova engine's before but GTiR engine's just a bit different. Also its half done as i did the first bit weeks ago when checking the gearbox (cant remember now).

I didnt want to post this in technical as its not going to be technical more like luck lol.

I have the camera to hand to take photos as to remind me where the bits go so when im putting them back i just view pics(cheating lol).

any tips greatly recived thankyou in advance.
I better get started.
I will let you know how i get on.

Mr GTiR

Lisa, mine is coming out this weekend if you want to pop up to my mums to watch it come out? It's nothing exciting i'm afraid but the offers there. Also have you wheels kicking about if you want to collect at the same time.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
The only advice I can give is photograph, bag and label everything. Lots of coin bags from the bank and sticky labels I found useful.

Good luck

LisaZ

I have just rang paul as got stuck and he said he thinks its better if he does it on saturday as im likely to undo stuff that doen't need to be undone :doh:lol. and he can see were things are ment to go back.

was a bit scary looking also no room to move lol.

Mr GTiR will see what paul sais:thumbsup:.

so I am going to do the the girly bit and wash it and wax it lol.

Last edited:

Mr GTiR

campbellju said:
The only advice I can give is photograph, bag and label everything. Lots of coin bags from the bank and sticky labels I found useful.

Good luck
If you have done it enough times then you don't need photographs :p :thumbsup:

cojack

If you get stuck i'm local and could always have a look for you had my R motor out twice so i know where it all live's and i'm a mechanic by trade.

LisaZ

cojack said:
If you get stuck i'm local and could always have a look for you had my R motor out twice so i know where it all live's and i'm a mechanic by trade.
we might be giving you a shout thankyou:-D

P

papdog

Labels are the most important thing. Most of the plugs are colour coded so that helps as well

LisaZ

ok most things disconected from engine now:-D:-D:-D

next question is it easyer to remove engine up or down?
we have borrwed a crain from a friend to make things easyer.

LisaZ

rossdj1983 said:
drop the motor and box down
Cool thankyou :thumbsup:

It's all ready for removal tomorow can't wait.

every step, is a step closer to getting on the road again:-D:-D:-D

LisaZ

Thankyou Mr GTiR for the engine removal bit will try follow that:-D .

We were having a few headaces and the engine is not out yet:cry::cry::cry: not even attatched to the hoist yet:cry::cry::cry: all weekend its taken so far in the cold and its still mostly attatched. there were many bolts welded on.
I think this is going to be a lot harder than planned:cry::cry::cry::cry:.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
Mr GTiR said:
Lisa, mine is coming out this weekend if you want to pop up to my mums to watch it come out? It's nothing exciting i'm afraid but the offers there.
sorry just had to say, that could mean something completely different :lol: :lol: :lol:

LisaZ

Has anybody got pictures of empty engine bays (basicly whats left in there when the engine has been taken out).
All pickies greatly recived as will help in identifying whats ment to be left.
Thankyou.

Mr GTiR

LisaZ said:
Has anybody got pictures of empty engine bays (basicly whats left in there when the engine has been taken out).
All pickies greatly recived as will help in identifying whats ment to be left.
Thankyou.
You mean like this:

P

pulsarboby

how did you get the engine out with driveshafts still in place?
i normally remove them!