I have started....

B

Beachsleeper

I cant wait ant longer. The new front mount goes on this weekend. So, it was home from work, Look at the time, 1 one hour of day light left, Right front bumper off. And ditch those crappy jap spot lamps. Wish me luck guys.

And in the bin, with the spot lamps.

:thumbsup:

B

Beachsleeper

Thanks. Bud. I hope it does. I will post more pickys up as i do it, Im learning step by step.

P

Pascal

Nice, looking forward to your progress pictures. I'll be going down the same route in the next week if all goes well.

B

Beachsleeper

I will try and keep the progress updated. What kit are you planing to fit, The kit im fittin is the Autobahn 88?

stugtir300

when i fitted my front mount i had no room for the washer bottle so it was either relocate it to the boot or use a peugeot 205 rear washer bottle in the same position,you will have to extend the bottle neck though,keep us updated.

B

Beachsleeper

Thanks for the info, I will let you know how it goes.

turboloon

i'm hoping to get one of these kits myself in the not to distant future so i'll be keeping a close eye on how you get on with your's!!...p.s. nice car by the way!!

B

Beachsleeper

Right i got the bumper bar off.

Top mount removed, plus the little pipes joined.

Washer bottle removed.

This shows the hole which needs to be made bigger.

Yeah all right, I got cutter happy.

I cut the bumper bar, My ears are still ringgin.

Bumper bar back on. I used the bolts on the top of the IC to hold it in place as i sorted the pipe work.

Pipe work, time.

Fittin this pipe is a bitch. The rear bolt is fun to fit.

Rad tank turned 90% batt replaced in its new home.

So the front mount is on, All i have to do now is rebuild the front end and cut the bumper. Thats a job for tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

jameswrx2

good stuff mate.

If you're going to cut the bumper out completely it might be worth cutting the metal that covers the top front of the intercooler, I did this to mine recently. Although if you're keeping the waffle of the bumper ignore that :D