ht leads

dazzamac

anyone know where to get ht leads?
went to nissan and they said £51 and halfords said £62

aint that a bit steap cause im sure i've seens someone sayin not to pay anymore tahan £40 for em

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
It all depends if you want crap leads, average leads or good leads.

Crap about £40 (Iceland or Pound Mart), average £51 (Nissan), good £85 (Magnecor or Taylors)

Jgti-R

try formula power, they do good 10mm performance leads for about 80quid!

come on, you own an R, you should be used to getting your wallet out! :lol:

S

si.c R

I have a second hand set of HT leads for sale. Genuine Nissan Originals, perfect working order £15 + p&p. 8)
Only reason for sale is I upgraded to Magnecor leads. No difference between them though, think I should have just stuck with the originals and saved my money :oops:

JIMMYBACK

stevepudney said:

Crap about £40 (Iceland or Pound Mart), average £51 (Nissan), good £85 (Magnecor or Taylors)
i thought nisssans own leads were bloody damn good :shock: :?

MarkTurbo

JIMMYBACK said:
stevepudney said:

i thought nisssans own leads were bloody damn good :shock: :?
Me too, i'd never bother with an expensive uprated set :wink:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Of coarse they're OK there cars wouldn't work if there leads wern't OK

Nissan leads are OK and work fine if you want to pay 50 odd quid for just OK !!!! Thats up to you :wink:

With the discount I wangled the Magnecor were cheaper than the stock Nissan leads, so it wasn't a waste of money.

My leads needed replacing after about 4 years of good service so I thought I would give Magnecor a go, along with a new set of Denso plugs, Dizzy cap & rotor arm.

A nice little spring clean presant for my little monster :wink: and she showed me just how much she liked them buy dropping that misfire I was getting with the "OK" stock ones :wink:

JIMMYBACK

stevepudney said:
Of coarse they're OK there cars wouldn't work if there leads wern't OK

Nissan leads are OK and work fine if you want to pay 50 odd quid for just OK !!!! Thats up to you :wink:

With the discount I wangled the Magnecor were cheaper than the stock Nissan leads, so it wasn't a waste of money.

My leads needed replacing after about 4 years of good service so I thought I would give Magnecor a go, along with a new set of Denso plugs, Dizzy cap & rotor arm.

A nice little spring clean presant for my little monster :wink: and she showed me just how much she liked them buy dropping that misfire I was getting with the "OK" stock ones :wink:

four year old and you wondered why there were misfiring :lol: :lol: :lol: discount is always good :wink:

MarkTurbo

stevepudney said:
I'm sure the people running big bhp on standard leads will be gutted to know that they're only "ok"

If people want to pay extra just to have a pretty colour thats up to them but i wouldnt bother :wink:

paz

stevepudney said:
I want to do the same for mine, would you recommend doing the cap and arm at the same time?

paz

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
paz said:
stevepudney said:
I want to do the same for mine, would you recommend doing the cap and arm at the same time?

paz
Definately

Gray

Nissan ones are just as capable as magnecor but if you can afford a bit more than why not magnecor

but ill just stick with OE ones for now - i used to have magnecor leads

If it aint broke - dont fix it 8)

paz

stevepudney said:
paz said:
stevepudney said:

paz
Definately
Ok, cheers for that :)

Any ideas on part numbers/prices?

Paz