How to connect a video in car

Just wondered what people use to connect video cameras in car,Just got a nice little 30gig hdd camera so might as well get some footage:thumbsup:

stumo

heh, well it was a fcuking stupid question, how are we supposed to know what connectors the camera has, what voltage it works at, is he using a remote lens, what he wants to connect together etc etc.

What a dumbass.

P

phat_gadgy

sunny scott said:
Just wondered what people use to connect video cameras in car,Just got a nice little 30gig hdd camera so might as well get some footage:thumbsup:
Are you on about how to mount the camera in the car? or how to wire it into the car ?

houghy_1

phat_gadgy said:
Are you on about how to mount the camera in the car? or how to wire it into the car ?
If your talking about mounting the camera then just make sure you have no-one in the passenger seat.

Lift up the passenger headrest and place the camera between the top of the seat and the headrest,
then push the headrest back into the seat until it clicks in its first position.
Get a bit of duct tape and go around the camera body and the metal headrest posts(taking care not to obscure the record button like i did:p :doh: )
Finally zip tie the headrest post to the seat belt holder on the side of the car to give you a steady picture!

Proven on our xmas 06 drive by me.
Cheap,not thought through before doing it but it worked:shock:

Matt

stumo said:
heh, well it was a fcuking stupid question, how are we supposed to know what connectors the camera has, what voltage it works at, is he using a remote lens, what he wants to connect together etc etc.

What a dumbass.

Think it was the answer that stupid..... Of course it means attach it inside the car somewhere. The fact i said it's a hdd camera lets you know it not remote lense,
Believe it or not it also comes with a battery so it doesn't need power. If you just want to post for posting's sake then do it somewhere else. Hate bawbags that have no constructive input.
And i don't think i'll attach it with gaffa tape either, looking for what brackets people use as want to do the job right.

seasider R

Cant help ya there, mate. Guess if you dont get any joy with the brackets you could always get someone to sit beside you...if they`ve got the bottle:)
And, yes.....why dont people just shut the fcuk up if they haven`t got anything constructive to say????????????

stumo

sunny scott said:
Think it was the answer that stupid..... Of course it means attach it inside the car somewhere. The fact i said it's a hdd camera lets you know it not remote lense,
Believe it or not it also comes with a battery so it doesn't need power. If you just want to post for posting's sake then do it somewhere else. Hate bawbags that have no constructive input.
And i don't think i'll attach it with gaffa tape either, looking for what brackets people use as want to do the job right.
Perhaps he could have written....

I've just got a nice little 30Gig HDD camera and was wondering if any of you guys knew of any brackets that can attach it to the car?

That way we would know that he was after brackets to hold it in the car.

houghy_1

My answer was just a quick fix at the time:roll: :p

If it was planned then id defo have to get a proper mount of some sort.

Sam_M

The way I do this cheaply is to build a headrest mount. similar to what they have on the hague site, but this costs about a fiver. Get yourself a mini tripod from ebay with an adjustable ball head, then just some wood battern drill the holes for the prongs, Drill a whole big enough to so the ball head fits snug, and as its originaly attached to the tripod with a screw, drill underneath the wood and you can hold it tight that way. Images below are from my 11T, but will work on the Pulsar (standard seats of course)

THis was tested at a track day and for the whole day it didnt fall forward break, was absolutely spot on.

Ive also got a suction mount which is strong enough to hold externally but that wouldnt be allowed at a track day:lol:

Keira

seasider R said:
why dont people just shut the fcuk up if they haven`t got anything constructive to say????????????
but that would exclude about 99% of you newbs from posting the same old tripe that has been said a million times before :lol: