how much juice does your warlbro flow in 30 secs..?

turboloon

i did a rough flow test on my fuel pump (255 warlbro) i disconnected the hose from the inlet (the fill line)and timed it over 30 secs,and by my maths you get aprox 4.25 ltrs per minute, so i should've been seeing roughly 2ltrs. for 30 secs, but only managed just over a ltr, was wondering if any one with a similar pump could try this also...:thumbsup: , and tell me what figures they're getting cheers jason.

turboloon

you having a laugh i've not got a petrol tanker at the side of my house..lol,the figures i used for a minute i.e the 4.25 ltrs a minute is what you should be seeing if your pump is working to it's full capacity..if you multiply the above figure by 60(minutes= 1 hr) it gives you 255 ltrs.

youngsyp

At what fuel pressure did you do the experiment ?

If you look for the Sytec specifications, their 255 litres per hour result is achieved at a specific fuel pressure level !

Paul

turboloon

as i said it was a rough guide as i'd been advised to try this as i have a on going boost problem, and i reckon this could be playing a part...

youngsyp

turboloon said:
as i said it was a rough guide as i'd been advised to try this as i have a on going boost problem, and i reckon this could be playing a part...
You need to be very precies though mate, to get a precise result as, the flow can vary hugely with pressure !

If you have a look around here and the web, you'll find Sytecs figures for pressure and amount of flow the pump should achieve at that pressure.

You also need to take the fuel pump voltage into account !

Oh, and your measurement of 30 seconds is very relevant. Any time frame will do as you can just multiply it to get the flow per hour figure.
Just do it a few times, to get an average ! :thumbsup:

Paul