how fragile are boost gauges

mattytappy

hi guys....and gals....got one of the old age boost problems....hesitation when coming on too boost.....its was fine until i instaled my afr guage and remounted my boost gauge into a two pillar pod....only thing is i dropped the boost gauge onto the floor and now ive devolped this boost hestitation....how fragile are they...nothing seems to be rattling on it and its still registering boost....is there anything in side that may have cracked thats causing it to leek.....?:roll:

stumo

you've done something when fitting the guage to cause the problem.

If you took the boost guage off completely do you think you wouldn't develop any boost?:doh:

mattytappy

the guage was fitted already and working fine and was boosting and holding 1.2 bar....that was untill i dropped it and now it wont boost...just hesitates and wont power up as it should...was wondering if something inside may have broke and be leaking air off....had a fair look at all the pipes and they all look ok...did a fault code check about an hour ago and that came back 55....fitted an aem afm the other day and it was running ok on a test run....thought it was the safc playing up so i disconected that and reconected the original maf ecu wires.....and still the same hesitation under load...idles ok and revs freely when at a standstill and in neutral????:der:.....havent had the light to pressurise the system....just got this sinking feeling after doing o search the my exhaust housing may have a big old juicy crack init....but i will disconect the actuator pipe tomorow and see if it will boost up then.....thinking maybe this cold snap of weather may have helped the crack get bigger in the exhaust side of the turbine:sad:

anyone else think of anything what it might be..?

Last edited:

mattytappy

Found out what it was,....after all my searching and taking this of and that....stripping half the dash apart to chase everything...:lol: :lol: :lol: ...turned out to be a faulty maf......dont you just love it......so many thing to go wrong on such a little car....:doh: