how do you set up fueling

youngsyp

You'll need a piggy back fuel computer, daughter board with suitably mapped EPROM or standalone ecu.

The ecu has no fuelling adjustment facility as standard.

Check you MAF earth, fault codes, that your air filter is un-restricted etc... It may be something simple.

Common causes of this problem are duff lambda sensors, water temps sensors etc...

steve963

Sorry to jump in but how rich does your AFR need to be to get potentially dammaging bore wash?

Mine AFR is below ten under high load! (only just I think)

nimhbk

have a tomei ecu in mine set for 100 ron juice and 1.2 bar could this be the reason its running rich at 0.98 bar

youngsyp

nimhbk said:
have a tomei ecu in mine set for 100 ron juice and 1.2 bar could this be the reason its running rich at 0.98 bar
It could well be, although eliminating the 'usual' causes is the only way to be sure...... or swap to a stock ecu !

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
steve963 said:
what inputs does the std ECU get to determine what fueling?
In simple terms just the MAF though it does twiddle fueling based on many other factors that aren't relevant on WOT. However, AFR is also determined by what air get to the cylinder so any leaks will mean the MAF reading is wrong. Dodgy injectors or fuel regulators could also mean more fuel than expected gets squirted in. If you've not earthed the MAF yet it is an excellent start.

Jim

Fusion Ed

If you have a working lambda, it will correct for changes in fuel pressure. (AFR Base correction) however it doesn't work with unstable AFRs like some FSE FPR valves cause.