how do you fit a boost gauge..?

youngsyp

pulsarboby said:
it wont affect the boost level but it could bugger your fuel pressure regulator up and cause possible fuel starvation or overfuelling as your drawing the vacuum which works regulator, on your boost vacuum side, if you know what i mean
Would that really be the case though Bob as, the gauge is just reacting to changes in air pressure as is the FPR ?!
The volume of the air in the lines isn't actually changing, unless you have a leak. It's the pressure of that air that these two things (boost gauge and FPR) are using. This won't be affected by these two devices using the same vacuum line.

I have my AVC-R plumbed in as specified by Apexi and the pressure sensor is fitted into the FPR vacuum line. I have changed this set up before and as expected, no difference was seen ?!

P

pulsarboby

i know what your saying paul, but what i meant is:
if the boost gauge is teed into the fpr then no boubt so will the rest of the boost vacuum side, ie the dv and other boost devices (otherwise theres no point in having a boost gauge) in that case the boost system will give irregular vacuum readings to the fpr.

youngsyp

pulsarboby said:
i know what your saying paul, but what i meant is:
if the boost gauge is teed into the fpr then no boubt so will the rest of the boost vacuum side, ie the dv and other boost devices (otherwise theres no point in having a boost gauge) in that case the boost system will give irregular vacuum readings to the fpr.
Bob, that's what I thought you were hinting at.
As you say, if you have all those things T'd into one vacuum pipe, they're bound to create the odd fluctuation.

turboloon

sorry guys haven't checked this post for a while as i was pre occupied fitting a fmic..so once again thanxs to all the guys whom answered my question!!!