Hot hot heater!

K

kentyboy

Hello guys. The nice weather is coming and my Pulsar heaters only blow out hot air!! I'm going to melt in the summer if I dont sort this out :flame: Have any of you come across this before?
My air-con isn't working (probably needs a re-gas) but surely I should have some sort of cold air coming through with the temp slider set at the coldest!!

I had same prob when i first got mine.
Turned out to be a plug at the back of the heater unit wasn't connected (prob due to a shoddy stereo fitter in the past).
Have it out and have a look.

K

kentyboy

Thanks for the quick reply mate. I've just checked and everything that should be connected is connected. I cant figure out why its so hot all the time!! There must be a flap or something thats not opening/closing. I've checked that the flaps in the heater box move to their different positions and they look like they're moving ok. I'm all out of ideas......anyone else?:cry: :cry:

P

Pete

check the thermostat and if ur radiator fans r kicking in when the car gets hot or is it blowing hot as soon as u start the car ?????

geoff pine

i have the same problem in reverse just get cold air if its the top vents then its the bottom flap. Run the car till you get hot air then unclip the plastic clip that is atatched to the heater door above the ecu and push the rod forword then you should get cold air as this shuts the door.

K

kentyboy

geoff pine said:
i have the same problem in reverse just get cold air if its the top vents then its the bottom flap. Run the car till you get hot air then unclip the plastic clip that is atatched to the heater door above the ecu and push the rod forword then you should get cold air as this shuts the door.

Is this the rod that is controlled by the slider/lever to the right of the centre vents?

geoff pine

not on mine but yes i think thats how it works, most people that have problems dont get any hot air . i have jamed mine open so i get hot air but can not ajust it so i have to open the windows once it gets hot.:frusty:

K

kentyboy

Well i've already checked this to make sure its working and it does move. Just cant understand whats going on :der:

K

kentyboy

Still trying to solve this one. Could someone who is really bored this Easter Sunday do me a massive favour please?
Get your head in the PASSENGER footwell and look towards the heater box (in the centre, under the dash). You'll see a rod/linkage like the one in the picture. Would someone fiddle with their heater controls and let me know which buttons/knobs make it work because it looks like mine isnt moving no matter what I press!!

Thankyou in advance;-)

Dooie Pop Pop

(just for you)

moving the temperature button thingy causes the rod to move:-D (quite obvious in after-thought) i watched it with my own two beady little eyes:-D :-D :-D

K

kentyboy

You're a star mate. So moving the temperature slider thing makes this lever move right?......becauase mine doesnt!!!! What do you reckon is wrong? Dodgy heater controls or something a bit more involved?

K

kentyboy

Its stuck solid mate! I dont want to force it because it'll probably break. Think this is whats causing the problem though so it looks like im gonna have to start stripping the dash......again!!

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kentyboy

Well, i removed the heater controls to find that some dodgy git had bodged the wiring on the heater temp slider. All the wiring had burnt out at some point and has been bodged back together. I checked all the joins in the wires and all the multiplugs but the rod still wont move......and i've lost my 'auto' fan speed setting now too :pout: but all the controls now light up so you win some, you lose some :roll: