Hose from Rocker

S

swawuk

As my R was in bits with things missing I've had to research alot of things. One thing i'm not 100% sure on is where the hose at the top left (looking from front of car) of the rocker cover goes. From looking at picture on here etc. I believe it goes round the back of the throttle bodies then t's off to the vacuum points on the inlet. (I'm not entirely sure if thats what they are? next to the black rubber caps)

At the mo there are no hose joining these points on the inlet, Ive just blanked them off.

Is this correct where it goes? and what purpose does it serve? All I could think off is that it provides a pressure from the rocker cover into the inlet??

Cheers

Steve

P

pulsarboby

steve theres a curved steel pipe from inlet manifold which the rubber pipe fits onto. there is a valve inside the rocker cover which opens and closes under vacuum pressure from manifold, im not totally sure without looking up, but i think it is basically to do with emission recirculation, a sort of egr valve, which is to do with when you come off and on boost!
hope that helps mate.

S

swawuk

yeah ive noticed that steel pipe in pictures on here. but mine hasnt got it??? its a uk spec one, would that be why?? or has it been removed?

Cheers for your reply

P

pulsarboby

really not sure to be honest, i would have thought the sunny would be the same as pulsar!
if the car is running ok, then just do as rossdj says and blank it off or leave as an open breather from rocker cover....or link into the breather system!
if the car is running like a bucket of shite, then theres obviously a pipe off which goes to there, and hence a big air/vacuum leak