HKS intercooler kit- missing pipework

Status
Not open for further replies.

warpspeed

Is it any wonder the gtir scene is dying with this kind of carry on.....slinging mud in public, yeah that's a good way of attracting new members..... :fight:

johnny gtir

the whole forum thing is clicky as hell with certain people. So called rules go out the window etc not that it bothers me one bit just how it is.I have loads of people say to me more so newer members there frightened to post incase they get slated.Most questions have been answered ten times over but dose that mean things never change or something might get added that was missed off last time.I for one agree it gets boring reading the same shit again and there are member's been on here a lot more years than me but if you get sick skip it move on to the next post even if it the wrong advice being given never believe everything you read on any forum inc some of my posts lol. ALL THIS SAID some very clever decent,helpful people on here who i have had a lot of parts off, learnt a lot off and some i now class as good mate's.Lets get back the slating where we rip each other to bits and laugh it off and aim to get a few females on site

Mad

Good points there johnny. I think a separate mini wiki would be a good idea where people can add technical advice.

Ive been slated many a time mainly due to who has done a lot of my car mods but don't have a problem with it. Slating people is easy but your too much of a gentleman for me to start with. :)

warpspeed

the whole forum thing is clicky as hell with certain people. So called rules go out the window etc not that it bothers me one bit just how it is.I have loads of people say to me more so newer members there frightened to post incase they get slated.Most questions have been answered ten times over but dose that mean things never change or something might get added that was missed off last time.I for one agree it gets boring reading the same shit again and there are member's been on here a lot more years than me but if you get sick skip it move on to the next post even if it the wrong advice being given never believe everything you read on any forum inc some of my posts lol. ALL THIS SAID some very clever decent,helpful people on here who i have had a lot of parts off, learnt a lot off and some i now class as good mate's.Lets get back the slating where we rip each other to bits and laugh it off and aim to get a few females on site
Maybe you should read my post again as you seem to have missed the point, my post is aimed at the behaviour/attitude in this thread and also on the modifiers forum, it's nothing to do with questions being asked repeatedly by newbie's.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Maybe you should read my post again as you seem to have missed the point, my post is aimed at the behaviour/attitude in this thread and also on the modifiers forum, it's nothing to do with questions being asked repeatedly by newbie's.
There is sometimes a bit of a blurred line between some friendly banter and downright offensive behaviour. - Yes, it does get a bit cliquey. We're a small community compared to a lot of other marques, so after a while you know who's who and how they'll respond (and also what will wind them up). You know who can take a joke, and who can't; to someone new it easily looks like everyone is always bickering with each other.

There are also some people that hold a grudge. I can't pass judgement on something I don't know about (in the context of moderating), so I tend to ignore it.

skiddusmarkus

In Rob's defence, he is a straight up guy who would never knowingly rip someone off. I've known him give parts away for free and even pay the postage himself.I seem to remember him even lending people bits off his own car while he wasn't using it.
That i/c kit is a one off and would always need some work to make it work as you can see the inlet manifold has been modified to fit. Its obviously missing some bits though but nothing ebay can't help you out with for a few quid.

warpspeed

I personally don't know Rob, and am not having a go at him or defending him, I'm mainly having a go at Andy (who I don't know either) for coming on this and the modifiers forum starting threads that are clearly having a go in a snide way at the seller and trying to make out their being proper by not discussing it when clearly the gtir community is so small that pretty much everybody knows whats going on within it, by starting threads in that way it's obvious people are going to take sides.

Whether the complaint is justified or not it's a very very childish way to go about sorting it, if indeed that was the intention....

topdoggtir

He did message both Rob and Bruce several times before going public.
His intention was to resolve in a sensible manner.
However since he has had it thrown in his face.
Bruce failing to respond and Rob still not confirming if he has found anything in the garage.

The last time the buyer aired a similar issue on the forum you all went nuts at the seller. But it is clear sides are being taken here because of the people involved and North/ south crap.

On the sr20forum they are all supporting andy telling him, you have been bumped, robbed, misold..get your money back or somekind of refund.
But no,most on this forum is clearly bias towards Andy.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
The last time the buyer aired a similar issue on the forum you all went nuts at the seller. But it is clear sides are being taken here because of the people involved and North/ south crap.
What North/South crap?
Isn't Rob from the South originally, and now living in the North; I'm sure the Scottish members were giving him grief about it?
Plus aren't there members in the South who are saying the goods are all in acceptable condition given they're second hand?

Is the SR20 forum the one you're not welcome on unless you can prove you contribute some kind of technical merit?

Ultimately it might be as simple as Rob has a lot of history with the club; people know and trust him.

topdoggtir

Rob was banned from this club though twice..

P.s this is about Bruce who sold the stuff anyway.

Mark, again based knowledge on what you read as you don't know Andy and have never met him.

Status
Not open for further replies.