hks exhuast front pipe

mattygti-r

right being told 2 different things here

basicaly my mongoose is shot the front pipe has gone ive the 3" decat system

as the front pipe has gone will a HKS front pipe fit the mongoose ?

as a straight replacement ? is it the same size?

thanks as i need to get this sorted ASAP.

ta 8)

Keira

:roll:

you cant have a 3" mongoose cos they dont do one, the mongoose is 2 1/2 inch.

why do you think people pay a fortune for a 3" system if you could buy a goose at the same diametre ???

as i've already told you, the standard pipe will mate up to a goose, the hks one replaced a standard pipe :roll: this really isn't difficult to understand :wink:

mattygti-r

kieron you tell me it will fit others say it wont :p

if im planning to spend as i was over £120 (not now thou) on a front pipe id like it to fit rather than be a very large and shiny paperweight :wink:

hence why i asked

but seems it does fit

Dooie Pop Pop

memski said:
Dooie Pop Pop said:
iv some gaffer tape you can borrow :lol:
lol @ reply and the sig :lol:
hi dude :D shouldn' t you be outside wielding a 22mm spanner :lol:

ho hum my fault again. let the abuse begin :lol: :roll:
iv a 3" janspeed frontpipe on order which will mate to the goose rear section, till i can get the rear sorted that is :wink:

J

jiw

The hks downpipes are mild steel, dont be tight, buy another goose :lol:

MarkTurbo

Matty, the hks front pipe definatly fits a mongoose system :wink:

Are you going to get your girly hands dirty and fit it yourself :lol:

mattygti-r

MarkTurbo said:
Matty, the hks front pipe definatly fits a mongoose system :wink:

Are you going to get your girly hands dirty and fit it yourself :lol:
dont be silly :lol: will take it round the garage to get done

ah good good glad it fits :wink: 8)

not being tight mate, just this is a "this will do" then im ordering a new jap system for it :lol: and ditching that mongoose for good :p

im v.disappointd in the quality of the mongoose tobe honest its crap,

ive had to replace every section of that system in under 20k

and it was new when i got the car :roll:

Keira

mattygti-r said:
by others i take it you are refering to this moron :wink:

doggie poop poop said:
god help you if you ever have a serious problem and you actually listen to this clown. How you can actually take advice from somebody who clearly hasn't got a f o o king clue about the car you both own is beyond me :roll:

he's already told you not to drive the car cos you're front pipes got a hole in it and the bracket, which alot of people dont even bother using has fallen off :roll: which prevented you from getting it sorted at the weekend and now he's telling you that the hks pipe wont fit :roll: jesus christ, i highly doubt he's even seen the 2 of them together to give you an informed opinion.

once again i'm truly stunned :shock:

MarkTurbo

mattygti-r said:
im v.disappointd in the quality of the mongoose tobe honest its crap,

ive had to replace every section of that system in under 20k

and it was new when i got the car :roll:
Mines just over 2 years old and its pretty rusty :roll: :lol:

I'm not too bothered though cos it does its job, but i am about to chop off the 5" baked bean can tail pipe (which is also rusting :x ) and tig weld on a bit of normal 3" tube for a more rally car style exhaust 8)

Dooie Pop Pop

kieron said:
mattygti-r said:
by others i take it you are refering to this moron :wink:

doggie poop poop said:
god help you if you ever have a serious problem and you actually listen to this clown. How you can actually take advice from somebody who clearly hasn't got a f o o king clue about the car you both own is beyond me :roll:

how do i do it eh.

he's already told you not to drive the car cos you're front pipes got a hole in it and the bracket, which alot of people dont even bother using has fallen off :roll:

its a support bracket kieron and it hasn' t fallen off its come away at the weld on the exaust. hence the hole :roll:

which prevented you from getting it sorted at the weekend

:roll: true

and now he's telling you that the hks pipe wont fit :roll: jesus christ, i highly doubt he's even seen the 2 of them together to give you an informed opinion.

hands up

once again i'm truly stunned :shock:
why? iv never seen a hks pipe true, did know it was a 2+1/2" though and i also thought we have a 3" decat pipe yes. not a hard mistake to make is it really.

mattygti-r

seeing as ive never seen the HKS front pipe i woudltn kow if its the same diameter or if it only fits one particular type of mongoose etc,

as you have one sittin there its abit different for you :wink:

im not driving it for the sake of driving it fella,

Keira

Dooie Pop Pop said:
iv never seen a hks pipe true, did know it was a 2+1/2" though and i also thought we have a 3" decat pipe yes. not a hard mistake to make is it really.
which is exactly my point, you're giving advice when you dont know what you're talking about , you wouldn't know your elbow from your @rse :wink: .

and matty, you wouldn't have been driving it for the sake of it if you'd have listened and come down saturday and got a cheap non blowing mongoose front pipe fitted would you :wink: a blowing exhaust aint going to damage feck all, its just going to sound abit ropey :( Could've been on your way with no problems 8)

i dont really give a s h i t if your car stays off the road for months because of this terrible problem you've developed :roll: but when you try and help someone and do them a favour (i.e i would've rather sold the whole exhaust, which as you know i'm now doing ) and they then go listening to some retard it kinda makes you think why f o o king bother...

i'm beginning to sound like 20-legacy ranting on :oops: :lol:

you waste each others time all you want :wink:

good luck with any future problems cos with doggie poo poo as a mate you're going to need it :lol:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Well i use the HKS front pipe and Decat and have a Mongoose from there back so yes it does all mate up properly... :wink: