HKS EVC IV Setup

olliecast

Hi everybody,
i installed my boost controller a few weeks back and haven`t had chance to set it up yet.

the question is, which is the best way to approach setting it up?

i need to reset the unit (which i`m struggling to get it to do!!) but should i use the learn tool or just set my highest boost level and the adjuct the offset to get the right amount of boost?

cheers for help in advance,
ollie

antgtir

Have a word with Cambellju for advice on this as he's just played about with Mr GTiR's to tune it for the rollers this weekend.

Ant.

olliecast

cheers guys. i`ve got the manual and a post off a supra forum but just wanted peoples opinion if they`d done it on gtir`s. tried bloody resetting it earlier again and its still not having any of it

G

G20_GTI-R

Use the self learn...mine wouldn't hold boost correctly with out letting it self learn.

olliecast

G20_GTI-R said:
Use the self learn...mine wouldn't hold boost correctly with out letting it self learn.
so did you just reset the unit then let it self learn straight away or did you set any boost levels first?

G

G20_GTI-R

I had to reset the unit so it would enter self learn mode. Then follow the steps and set the boost levels after that.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Ollie, I saw your PM.

The EVC4 was installed by someone else orgiinally and I set it to 1.4Bar the first time I saw it.
The second time when I tried setting it to 1.6Bar it wouldn't hold it and at 1.8 Bar it wouldn't go past 1.6Bar either.

My gut feel is the controller needed to do its self learn mode again as it was setup before on a different turbo. I only found this it out at 11pm on a Friday night and as the evening to that point had been a complete fiasco it seemed sensible not to push my luck.

Self learn mode seems quite straight forward and the most likely culprit so I would try that first. Other options are dodgy actuator/boost solenoid or boost leak.

edit: In the manual it confirms that you should run self learn mode again after any modifications.

Jim

Last edited:

olliecast

looks like the self learn is the way to do it then, just need to reset the bogger now! i`m having trouble with the eayiest part!

do you lot lock your offsets out once its set?

G

G20_GTI-R

I never locked my settings becuase i end up messing with them alot. I think you just hold down the sbc button and flip the switch in the back of the controller to reset it.

olliecast

G20_GTI-R said:
I never locked my settings becuase i end up messing with them alot. I think you just hold down the sbc button and flip the switch in the back of the controller to reset it.
i thought that was to lock the offset mate?

G

G20_GTI-R

well whatever it is just follow the instrucitons, i can't remember off the top of my head. When you reset it i think the number 3 shows up on the screen, so you should know when it worked.

nex

I think you have to press the adj, sbc and then mod buttons holding them all in for a second, it'll beep and its wiped. I only know because i did mine last week and let it relearn everything.

if you need a pdf of the manual let me know

Last edited: