HKS D/V no Whooooooosh!

B

blr123

Hi guys,

I've just been under the bonnet :shock: fot the young lads car he was asking if there was any way he could get the dump valve to make a louder whoooooosh cause at the moment it doesn't actually whoooooosh it just flutters :(

It's an HKS the older model :wink:

I noticed that the head of the adjusting screw was screwed so far in that the head of the screw was touching the locknut :shock:

I've slackened it back a bit at a time and Stuart (my son) has tried it but it hasn't made any difference I've now unscrewed it fully a quarter of an inch :shock:

Any ideas :?:

Cheers Bryan

G

GTI-R Kid

Sent ya a pm. :lol:

Shouldn't this be in the tuning section? Naughty naughty. :lol: :p

A

antilag

if your getting turbo chatter mate which is that fluttering noise thats cos either the dumpvalve spring is so stiff and isnt opening or u need to adust that bolt all the way out to the edge if that dont work mayb its blocked or broken in sum way

A

Anonymous

my dumpvalve does the same

hi ive had that problem since i put a new dumpvalve on my car. its a collins dumpvalve same as what dp motor sports sell. Its supposed to be load but at the moment all you can hear is the actuater flutter. you can hear the dumpvalve very very quietly in the background have you any luck with finding out why the dump valve is sooo quiet please let me know cause im thinking of buying another one 8)

B

blr123

GTI-R Kid said:
Sent ya a pm. :lol:

Shouldn't this be in the tuning section? Naughty naughty. :lol: :p
That's funny so it is :roll: and it's because I wasn't sure sorry :roll:

Yep got te PM thanks :wink:

Dave thanks also :wink:

I now have a few things to try so I'm sure we'll get it whoooooooshing away big time eh 8) I tell you the noise the noise.... I'm tooooo old this stuff so I am :lol: :lol:

Cheers guys
Bryan