HKS Cams

T

Toady

Do these have hks of anything stamped on them to prove they are hks items? ie, other than measuring the lobe profile ect can you tell from looking at them they are hks cams? thanks! 8)

T

Toady

:? guess ill have to bring my std cams along to check them then! :evil:

mattygti-r

all the HKS ones ive seen and Tomei for that matter have HKS Stamped on the cams

along with the "type" ie will say HKS 264

GINGA

mattygti-r said:
all the HKS ones ive seen and Tomei for that matter have HKS Stamped on the cams

along with the "type" ie will say HKS 264
Thats strange that tomei would have HKS stamped on them :lol:

T

Toady

yeah that what i fort! :lol: i assume thats not what he really meant! :lol:

kyepan

kieron said:
nope, or are you talking to toady :?:
toady,

cause liam's mate brett bought my car, and although were pretty sure its got hks 264 cams fitted by hiteq.. its just too smooth on tick over according to toady.. and not lumpy enough.. so either ians a genius at fitting them/shimming/valve clearance thingy.. or it didn't have them. either way i would like to know.

ps, liam your engine looks like its coming on well, would love to go for a spin once its run in.. catch up with you and brett for a pint somewhere near henley or somthing.

gimme shout.

j

T

Toady

Kyepan - alritey mate! no its not your cams, but some im thinking of buying at the weekend. But would also be a good way of checking Bretts! :wink: yeah my engines getting there, just hope the shims are'nt a bugger to sort/take ages! Yeah, we'll deffo catch up for some drinks when ive got mine done! 8)

Kieron - cheers mate! :wink:

Keira

toady.

my inlet cam has...

just before the 1st lobe from the pulley X001 503 stamped in it, it also has HKS SR20 stamped in the shaft at the other end

the exhaust cam has

just before the first lobe from the pulley X002 503 stamped in it, it again has HKS SR20 stamped in the shaft at the other end but it also has 'matty isn't such a fuckwit after all' round the end of it :wink: :lol:

T

Toady

dooiepop - cool! sounds like a tug boat! :lol: anyone else got any vids of how lumpy the hks 264 cams sound?

kyepan

Toady said:
dooiepop - cool! sounds like a tug boat! :lol: anyone else got any vids of how lumpy the hks 264 cams sound?
a trip out in brett's car and wind it up :wink: throaty roar at the top end.

i recon if you could adjust the idle control and get ti idling at about 900 you would hear the lumps .. :)