high idle

cojack

can anyone help my idle is 1100-1200rpm any way of turning it down. been told of different methods ie small black plug with adjustment screw and disconnect throttle hasness but not sure where these r located as u open the bonnet and u cant see nothing. cheers. :?:

cojack

cheers kid but whatever that thing was to link my poo computer dont like it :cry: i have checked for air leaks on all rubber hoses and all conection that was the first thing i checked any ideas pls :?

cojack

got it working in the end think me computer was avin a off day cheers for that still none the wiser were thottle harness and idle adjustment screw is :?

geetee

errrmm it has pictures for those who canna read!! :lol:

The Idle adjust screw can be found on the inlet plenum.... that's the alloy bit bolted to the back of the engine nearest you when you drive.

You know the intercooler - that's the big radiator looking thing on top of the motor (?)- it has 2 big black rubber tubes coming from it.... at the front it comes from the turbo... at the back (nearer where you sit!) it attaches to a silver bit of 'engine'. Stand by the passenger front wing and look about 3 to 4 inches down from the rubber pipe that goes from the radiator thing on top of the motor and you will see a lil black rubber tube.

The idle control screw is at the end of that tube - and no - not the end nearest you :( The tube was placed there to stop anybody getting at the idle screw - ever - for any reason! At all.

cojack

i know it has pictures but there crap just like toyota picture r crap u cant really see very well. i av been told u need to disconnect throttle harness by a nissan tech but not sure which 1 it is but cheers. oh the radiator thing on top of the engine is a intercooler for those who dont know ha :roll: