Hi Everyone...

R

Rusty

Hi how you doing? I'm Russell from High Wycombe.

I am in the process of selling my much loved Punto Gt as below for a Pulsar. I have been looking through the forum and it seems very informative.

http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=39740

One questiuon that I haven't manged to track down is ..Can anyone who has imported a GTIR reccomend a good importing company? I am using Bonsai cars at the minute as my budget is only £4k so a car in the uk at the minute is slightly out of my budget for the milege and condition I am looking for.

I hope you are all well and no doubt be meeting in the near future.

Cheers

Russ

CruiseGTi-R

Welcome mate.

Used to have a Punto GT myself before the pulsar. Great little car that was.

How come you wanna import, a good many examples around here and you'll prob have less risk too.

MarkTurbo

Hi :mrgreen:

Rusty said:
my budget is only £4k so a car in the uk at the minute is slightly out of my budget for the milege and condition I am looking for.
With prices at the moment theres some decent cars about in this country for that sort of money. I'd personally buy a car that had been in this country for a few years rather than one from Japan :wink:

I hope you've got some cash floating about on top of the 4k? For running costs/servicing etc You'll definatly need it :wink:

creedy

hello and welcome

good luck on finding one and like mark said make sure you have some spare cash

deank93

Never been a fan of the Punto, always prefered the Renault 5 GTTurbo for front wheel drive turbo action but i have to say i really like your punto, looks very nice indeed.

You should be able to pick up a nice R for that money.

B

Big O

welcome mate i live in high wycombe too neva seen your car about good luck wit the car treat it well i only had mine 2days on the road an destroyed the clutch lmfao!!!!!! should be bk on the road next week if the clutch arrives lol!!!

MarkTurbo

deank93 said:
i have to say i really like your punto, looks very nice indeed.
I clicked on the link expecting to see it chavved up with stupid bodykit/huge exhaust etc. It makes a change to see a car like that looking how its supposed too :shock: Very nice car 8) Apart from the headlights :lol:

Couldnt let you get away without any criticism :mrgreen:

L

lauries GTI-R

Hi and welcome
nice looking punto by the way
lovely looking cars thay are
cheeRS laurie

D

DOT2DOT

GT Looks really mint pal, its crying for abarth kit though and dont like the centre exit.

R

Rusty

Cheers for the welcome lads..

Yes I do look after all the cars I own, bit sad really..

marcymarc said:
Do not use Bonsai cars under any circumstances mate!!!!
haha, have you had bad experiances with Bonsai before or know of anyone that has?

R

Rusty

CruiseGTi-R said:
Welcome mate.

How come you wanna import, a good many examples around here and you'll prob have less risk too.
What was the spec etc of the GT?

R

Rusty

Big O said:
welcome mate i live in high wycombe too neva seen your car about good luck wit the car treat it well i only had mine 2days on the road an destroyed the clutch lmfao!!!!!! should be bk on the road next week if the clutch arrives lol!!!
Oh really where abouts in High Wycombe?

I have seen 2 'R's around. I chatted to one guy last week and the other looked mad..black with red mud flaps.. :twisted:

SickBoy

Welcome Rusty

You will find a good members car for your budget ,at least you get good history with your "R" then

Lee

R

Rusty

That is what I am after.

A nice example from here would be great, but there doesn't seem to be many for sale?

Ohh well I'll keep waiting.

marcymarc

Rusty said:
Cheers for the welcome lads..

Yes I do look after all the cars I own, bit sad really..

marcymarc said:
Do not use Bonsai cars under any circumstances mate!!!!
haha, have you had bad experiances with Bonsai before or know of anyone that has?

Rusty, Ive read quite a few threads on other forums regarding Bonsai cars/Corventus , I think a few people said that there premices that are listed for there location dont even exist :roll:
From what i can gather they are just a few blokes sat round at someones house with a pc trying there luck at getting a few punters to make a quick buck. By no means are they the big business that there web site implies.

If you really must import your own car then there is only two company's that i could put my hand on my heart and recomend, they would be either Newera Imports or Dicksons of Dumblane but.. you would need anything up to about £6000-6700 which i imagine is not the sort of money you want to spend.

If i were you id get take advantage of the Pulsars already available here in England because at the minute its a buyers market and i think that your £4000 could get you a beauty of an R.
I also reccomend an RAC inspection because any snags that the engineer finds will be a good bartering tool to knock the seller down a few quid.

Ps: Welcome to the club :D

CruiseGTi-R

Rusty said:
CruiseGTi-R said:
Welcome mate.

What was the spec etc of the GT?
It was a T-reg mid blue, with all the toys for a Seb2 setup. Bit unusual with a passenger airbag. Think its in essex somewhere now. Wish i'd kept it really, would be great as a daily driver now.

GT's as rare as pulsars almost.