HELP! Z32 problems

A

another sunny

I have just fitted a z 32 maf and now i am running lumpy and when driven it coughs and splutters (similar symptoms to when i had a split intercooler hose). I wired it up acording to the link on here so i am confident it is correct although you may think otherwise. Does any one know why it is doing this?

Fusion Ed

You must have a fuel computer (i.e. apexi or something) if you do this. you cannot just plug it in and hope it will work!!

A

another sunny

so me being stupid just thought you can plug and play....this is not possible then without adjusting the fueling etc....doh!

A

another sunny

yep....I nearly bought an AVCR at the same time but thought i would test buying from Japan on the Z32 and buy the AVCR later...Now i will spend the rest of the evening re-wiring th standard AFM and wait until i can afford the other.
Thanks for the fast reply all!

recaro18

Soz to bring up the thread, but say if you had a z32 and wanted your car to be mapped with this on whens the best time to fit it? on the day of mapping? or take it with you and ask them to put it on, also would be okay to put it on then drive with it on?

cheers

rayman75

you wouldnt beable to drive the car until it has been mapped to the z32.

best thing to do is to get them to fit it. or fit it while your there.

what i did was i left the std maf plug on the loom, and made alittle loom with the z32 plug on the end and spliced into the std loom, then drove the car with the std maf on to get it mapped with the z32. and i still have the option to go back to std maf.

recaro18

So would be a good to idea to get it ready by doing maybe male and female conectors on both z32 and standard MAF and then swap it on day and still have the option of keeping standard Maf if needed?

recaro18

And why is that a silly question im asking if i put it on before driving down there would it affect the car and would it be drivable, just because uve maybe fitted a few of these and know what the outcome is you think you can slate me, i wouldnt be asking these "silly questions" if i knew myself would i? ive done everything to all the cars ive had in the past and im only 19, so a little respect wouldnt go a miss, and i dont know everything thats why i was posting on here.
It was i simple question and needed a simple answer like what "rayman75" gave me.
its called learning as you go along!

P

pulsarboby

fair play to you fella:thumbsup: i dont think it was a silly question!

dont worry about stumo lol il run him off the track for you at cadwell in feb;-) and direct a load of lincolshire gay boys to hes room the night before, and tell them that hes up for a good time:lol:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
recaro18 said:
And why is that a silly question im asking if i put it on before driving down there would it affect the car and would it be drivable, just because uve maybe fitted a few of these and know what the outcome is you think you can slate me, i wouldnt be asking these "silly questions" if i knew myself would i? ive done everything to all the cars ive had in the past and im only 19, so a little respect wouldnt go a miss, and i dont know everything thats why i was posting on here.
It was i simple question and needed a simple answer like what "rayman75" gave me.
its called learning as you go along!
Fair play mate but if you'd used the search button before you fitted the Z32 MAF you' have found out that the car wouldn't run with the addition of a fuel computer of some type (Apexi FC, E-Manage e.t.c.) and saved your self a whole lot of bother.

Anyway to the subject in hand. Do yourself a favour and DO NOT use crimp on/push fit connectors in any of the wiring for your MAF (or in fact anywhere in any car), splice the wires and solder all joints and use heat shrink sleving or insulation tape to cover the joint, then clip it to something with a cable tie to stop it waving about in the wind.

I would recomend you temporarily rewire in your standard MAF and leave it at that untill you can afford the fuel comp. If your unsure how to fit and set up a fuel computer then please leave it to who ever you elect to fit both the MAF and the Fuel comp.

Where abouts in the country are you based ?

Steve

recaro18

hiya im based in mid wales, i did use the search engine at first this is how i come across this thread and thought id add to it.
I have standard MAF at moment but have injectors, fuel reg and z32 on the way and hoping for 340ish, the cars got blue e-manage and running at 327bhp at 1.2bar but with all these upgrades a remap is essential, i now undersand that it will have to be fitted on the day of mapping, but couldnt i use the crimp fittings to swap around on the day and then solder up propely when i get home?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
recaro18 said:
couldnt i use the crimp fittings to swap around on the day and then solder up propely when i get home?
Yes, you could, just make sure when all is done, everything is soldered and weather proof.