HELP wiring in gauge light.

pete-r

ok ive fitted my boost gauge a while ago and i have the wires attached to the back of the gauge ,i done this myself and made both the wires red :? .i got told to attach these wires to the cigarette lighter but those wires are pretty full due to boost controller etc..where else is easy to solder the wires into?and also how do i do it without shorting anything out?

thanks,pete.

J

Jonny H

its really just the + u need to worry about as the - can just go to a grounding point on the car me thinks! my boost guage + for the back light is wired up to the headlight + u can check the positive on the headlight with one of those wire checker thingies (cant remember what they're called :oops: ) looks like a pen with a needle at the bottom. double check with someone else but im pretty sure that should sort you out.

Shaun

:wink: If i remember correctly,the lighting loom is blue with a red stripe :wink: So you should be able to find at least a couple under the dash,you could either part strip and solder the wires,or use a scotch lock :D Just double check the colour of the wire first by checking the wires on the back of your headlight as Jonny said :D

pete-r

thanks lads :) ,i take it i only attach 1 wire from the back of the gauge to 1 i find under the dash,what about the other 1?i just wanna make sure i dont short anything out,im not very good with electrical stuff :oops:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It doesn't matter which way you wire a bulb up. 1wire goes to earth and the other to a live feed. I just wired mine in (from the A pillar pod) yesterday. There's an earth (well bolt under the dash on the lower a piller) which acts as a ground. For the illumination feed I just scotch locked into the centre console illumination, behind the radio ish. Take the radio trim panel off, flick your side lights on, look for the lit bulb and follow the wire back :wink: