Help wanted... Head Unit Fitting

S

swanny

Andy - I just used two L backets, one on each side as there are only two screw holes.

Mine is nicely in there now, only problem is the wiring is all shot so I need to re-wire :(

CruiseGTi-R

Hi mate, you can use the surround for the hu. You just need to carefully shape the dash surround so that it fits over it nice and flush. The hu surround juuuuusst about fits between the cupholder and hu and hu and fan unit above.

Although I guess I'm talking about my hu surround, your could be bigger, but still should be DIN sized.

Wiring eh? Grief - you'll be doing this then :? :-D :roll: :

S

swanny

Lol yeh thats about the gist of what i have to do :)

Found out last night that the power source for my HU is actually taken from the "Roof Light" rather than the "Audio" circuit. God darn medlers eh.

Need to somehow get it all back to standard without causing too many electrical fires.... tips ????

Studlife

I choose to be different with my HU its a 6.5 in dvd player i'm currently mounting it in the place of the tripple gauge home, i have the gauges mounted in the place of the stereo already just trying to finish up the HU i'll try and post some pics of the switch after it's done

Jonesy

I had the exact same problem, with the stereo going off when the lights are put on.
But the feed i was using was fine, i tried taking 12v straight from the battery and the stereo still went off.
I found for some reason it was the earth (return). Try connecting it straight onto a piece of metal behind the dash, this is what i done my stereo works fine now.
Hopefully this helps.

P

petebann

he'll have connected the earth through the sidelights but obviously once you turn on your sidelights the stereos recieving 2 feeds so just like the battery warning light it cancels each other and hence your stereo turns off!
You could run a feed straight from the battery but make sure you fuse it and if your going to the bother of running the cable you may aswell run an earth to it also. Personally i'd take all your feeds straight from the ignition switch.