HELP - Valve Clearences

T

Toady

ahh!!! thats annoying about the water leak!!! i somehow lost one of the little pipes that goes from the block to the oil cooler during my rebuild! :evil: so had to buy some hose the other day to cut it and fit it. the original has a slight bend in it, and is slightly smaller in dia than the one i put on, so im hoping my hose wont leak!! Cos theyre a bugger to get to with the engine in situ!!! :roll:

As for you cams mate, exatctly how bad are they? as remember what nissan quote, compared to what you have done. I think youve made them tighter than nissan so i wouldnt worry too much. After all you dont find many quiet sr20det engines do u? heh heh! If youve done the clearances correctly then it wont do any damage, even if it is a little noisey. The thin oil wont really help the noise either, but you need that crappy mineral oil for running it in anyway. Have you taken it up the road for its first 20mile/min bedding the rings in session yet? the oil pressure doesnt sound that low to me, but from out conversation on the phone, your engine sounds like it may have a fair bit of clearance between the bearings etc anyway as you said you could turn the crank by hand easily. Im sure its fine tho, as if it was out at all you would hear it knocking slightly. When you get a decent 10/15-50wt oil in there the oil pressure will prob rise a bit anyway.