Help please

craigcarlon

Just spoke to tuning developments where my car is being mapped etc to get an update on progress and there's another problem
when they start it it it runs fine and you can rev it as normaly
as soon as it warms up and you rev it towards 1500 it start to try and cut out and the revs are up and down and won't go past 1500, you can get it to 1400 if your gentle with the throttle but it won't go past 1500
if you turn the engine off and start it up its fine but only for a short while? They have checked all the sensors and they're all fine including the TPS!
any info would be great

craigcarlon

T16coupe.. The injectors are fine mate, all flow tested new seals etc

fastguy... There are no faults coming up at all this is what they don't understand, what do you meen there's a sticky on here? Ha

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
What ECU are you using for the mapping?

If it's a PFC then look to your CAS (crank angle sensor) in the dizzy. This I've seen a few times causing problems you describe on the PFC.

Is it TD doing the mapping for you?

craigcarlon

The ECU is just nistune mate, yeh tuning developments are doing the mapping too.. He's ordered a new TPS which will be on tomorrow, if that doesn't solve it them I'm going to give him my signing in details so he can explain more on here and probably understand more than i do

P

pulsarboby

aaah! think it was me he contacted yesterday re-tps being sent out which has just been collected from us, didnt realise it was your motor they had in

more often than not its a faulty maf or wiring which causes that problem assuming theres no boost or induction leaks of course.....it wont be the tps.
tell them to phone me again tomorrow and il explain to him what to do to solve it

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Lambda sensor? I can never remember there the window it operates is; but I've got a feeling that 1500rpm is closed-loop operation.

craigcarlon

Pulsarboby... Cool nice one for that then, I'll contact him via Facebook and let him know, thanks mate
he said the maf is fine and also fitted to a 200sx and was fine on that aswell

Mad

Im no expert but had a similar problem a while ago and it turned out to be faulty maf earthing if I remember rightly

Spikey

i would say wiring too. I did an s13 last week and we had 2 different diagrams. on it would not rev up with the other one it was fine. it was just a matter of an earth wire.

vmax85

when the fuel pump is not priming and the motor has to suck the fuel out of the tank there will be the same symptom. car only revs to 1500 and jumps up and down.