Help Please

Davido

I’m looking for some help. I got a Unichip fitted in October last year. It made no difference to the performance and I was told after it was set up that is was because I had worn cam shafts (RUBBISH). It was running around 300bhp when it went in and came out with 150bhp which only appears around 4500rpm and drops off. When I got the car back I checked for fault codes and it showed CAS. Fitted a new dizzy, set the timing and it ran ok but was still lacking power. I then put it to another tuner and 7 weeks later and a lot of ££££'s I have it back still not working but with around 200bhp the power still doesn’t come up until 4000rpm and then drops away again. They fitted and mapped a Z32 MAF but on idle if you tap the accelerator it wants to cut out. I have since changed this for another and the car won’t idle it’s just over fueling. I used the wiring in the how to guide but found a few variations B-signal C/D-ground E- +12v is how it’s connected. Today I have changed the ecu and tried the standard MAF but it’s still doing the same. Any help would be gratefully appreciated before my IBC of petrol ends up spilling inside it and my fag accidently falls out my mouth.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Right...

It was running fine before you put the Dastek in?
You had that mapped and it makes less power afterwards than it did before? - That sounds like some sh1thouse mapping to me.
What have you set the timing to; doesn't the Dastek run a different base timing than the standard ECU? - I'm sure I read something about that.
What's your ignition system like; what plug gap are you running; what leads; is the coil good?

I don't know if any of this will help, but I'm surprised you can't get it going again by returning everything from standard.

Davido

I'm just back in after try the bloody thing again still no luck and if I disconnect the Unichip it wont start anymore which it would do before. Plugs are new need to check what there are the were put in when it was getting mapped leads are new and the coil is ok. I am now getting a MAF fault when I checked it on the datascan but the wiring is right as far as I can see. The base timing is set at 20 degress. Im lucky if I can get it to idel at 900rpm for more than 10 secs.

Davido

The chip was fitted in Aberdeen and its been in Dalgety bay since the 9th of December had it back a week.