Help help help

Davidm90

I am new to this and I know you lot will know the answers. I have recently bought a k reg pulsar gtir. But I carried out a my car check and an hpi check and it's coming up Nissan sunny estate and the it was a cat c write off in 2002. I've been told this is because it was n import is this correct or have I been shafter? Any help would be great full. Thanks david

whytie

The wrong model is not uncommon, the cat c you might need to look into that a bit more.

Is the car good? I wouldn't worry to much about it

Last edited:

Davidm90

The wrong model is not uncommon, the cat c you might need to look into that a bit more.

Is the car good? I wouldn't worry to much about it
The cat c didn't really bother me to be honest it was in 2002. But the different model did as I've heard the 4WD system can't be put in the sunny estate. Can I post pics on here? The two wheel arches (rear) are corroded is this a big fix?

Attachments

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
As above. - Mine says it's a Sunny GTi... and I've got a similar amount of rust (maybe more).

BMCC

For both arches done I would expect to pay a decent coachworks about £1000, could be more could be less, just depends how bad the inner arch is as well.

Dangerous Dave

You can write to the dvla to let them know it's a nissan pulsar but they can be hard work I had this with a few of mine in the end one of them was a 1.4 sunny.

grim_d

With arches like that I would be checking inner arches, floors, sills, turrets and subframe mounts before laying out any cash for bodywork.

I would also recommend binning the runway tyres. :shock:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Mine is just listed as "Nissan" and I've got rusty arches too...

....welcome to the club!!! :hide:

Gtir123

Brought from FB mate did see it looks an ok car..!!
was it brought from a Alan someone
tried getting the wheels from him... But you had brought it before I could get a deal ;)

warringtonjack

To be honest, even if it's a dog, it's probably worth 2.5k. Personally, for that price I'd expect some things that needed sorting out!