*Help* Anyone in the south area who can change a clutch?

S

Stoned

A few months ago I had my clutch changed, the pedal had got lower and lower until I couldnt change gears.

Guess what, it's happened again :evil:
I've done maybe 3000 miles in that time, i'm not very happy!

Last time it turned out to be caused by some sort of pivot fork on the clutch that was cracked. I will be pissed off if a brand new fork from Nissan has cracked again, it's only an ordinary Helix clutch, nothing stressful.

Is there anyone who can come and look at it for me. I am really loathe to spend another £500 on getting this resolved after such little time

Help :(

SickBoy

Mike (Ex-gtir ) is your best bet but hes retired but laeve him a PM he may come out of retirement for the odd one possibly

Lee :lol:

GINGA

Check you clutch fluid level as the clutch master cylinder often leaks especially after having the clutch changed.
If the fluid is low check the carpet under the clutch pedal to see if its wet, if it is that'll be your problem.

S

Stoned

The clutch cylinder is only 10k miles old, I doubt it's that mate but I shall double check later

It all feels horribly like it was a few months ago, right down the the weird burning smell from the clutch when I reverse.

ex-gtir

just for the record im still doing clutchs and gearbox swaps etc but no work that take more than a day as my unit is only for work cant store cars
fitting avcr etc no problem
no engine builds at moment as have a stack of evo engine to build
cheers mike

O

Olly

Hi,
Who fitted the helix? and did they set up the pedal/adjust it up? if you can smell buring sounds to me like its slipping and goosed now. The only helix i have ever seen fail so quick had more 7k launches than NASA in 10 years :lol: Have you been launching? exspensive habit if you have PM your answers chap if you like and will go from there, Me like Mike only have space for 1 day in out repairs at the moment. No dead motors. But clutchs are cool. 8)