Helmet

111mattin111

I'm looking at getting a helmet ready for some track days, I prefer the faceless ones (piss pot lol), are these allowed I take it they are as long as there FIA approved?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
For trackdays you can normally get away with anything that is legal; I'd guess a lot of people have motorcycle helmets. - I think it only needs to be FIA approved if you're racing.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I don't claim to be an expert, but they've never looked at mine on the couple of times I've been on the track... it's not even got a UK approval sticker on it; just DOT and the Australian standard mark.

vss irvine

doesnt need to be fia approved for trackdays, but spend as much as you can.

people dont put enough effort into buying crash helmets

Georges Dad

If you're not running an airbag, (obviously not in a pulsar) I would go for a full face, as it hurts if you hit the steering wheel...motorbike ones don't tend to be fire resistant, no one wants a boiled head lol

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
You can get an airbag for the Pulsar; it was an optional extra on series II, but I've only know of a couple of cars that have (had) one.

If you're worried about fire retardants, you could always wear a Nomex balaclava.

I'd say the number one tip is to try them on and pick one that fits; don't just pick a brand you like because you may find it doesn't suit your head.

The Doc

Moderators
Staff member
Only buy from the uk too, as believe it or not I know for a fact ARAI make differant shape shells for differant countries.