Headunit live wire help...

A

Andybtsn

Can you tell from the below images what wire i should use to connect to a live wire? Basically so when the car is turned on/off, the headunit does the same.

Also which is the nearest live wire to the headunit slot i can cut into?

Cheers

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I take it you haven't got a manual with the wiring diagram in?
What head unit is it as you maybe able to find a diagram on the net.

Just make sure you don't earth the thing through the cars sidelight circuit. It tends to cause alot of smoke and fires when you have the nead unit and lights on together:scared:

A

Andybtsn

I haven't got a digram no, it seems it won't work at all now, i would of guessed i had blown a fuse, but I have checked all the 10a, and 15a fuses for broken metal and to no avail!

Does anyone know which fuse is the car stereo one?

Alpine HU

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
There may be an inline fuse in the power feed (car side) I blew that one and took a while to find it as it was away up the loom.:oops:

OZ-Racing

That looks like Sony wiring.
iirc:
RED = Main live feed
Black = Main earth
Yellow = Display earth
Orange = Mute (for phone car kit)
Blue = Remote switching (for automatic aerial, remote feed for amplifier)

Your best be is to pop into Halfrauds and get the correct wiring loom adaptor. Should be about £15 and save a few headaches, that's what I did.

If you want to save your pennies, then just tinker about, but make sure you have a bag of fuses handy :lol:
If you want a convenient ignition switched live, then you can use the ciggie lighter feed ;-)

Check the fuse in the back of the stereo as well, because you may have blown that one if you have been messing around.

Fuse diagram is here:

Last edited:
A

Andybtsn

Hmmm, my interior light is now not working, what fuse is that?!

A

Andybtsn

Damn, i was hoping it was on the same fuse as the HU, then id know where my problem was!

Cheers

A

Andybtsn

Hmm, interesting, taken from nissangtir.co.uk

yes your fues is gone if the interior light dont come on not sure on what size it is though

the interior light and radio work on the same fues

A

Andybtsn

Well sorted it all now, managed to find which wire was which and all working great now :)

Thanks for the help!

S

swanny

Andy, seems once again we are having the same issues.

My head unit is wired to the "room lamp" circuit too. Funny thing is that there is an "Audio" circuit with seperate fusing too!!

The 'R bods might be able to comment on this one, but surely our HU's should be wired into the "Audio" circuit ?!

A

Andybtsn

Mate, PM'd you back, this helped me...

I will take pics of my wiring, and what colour is connected to which to help you.

Yellow 12V

Red 12V Acc

Orange(if you have) Illumination/dimmer

Black Earth

White Left Front +

White/black Left Front -

Grey Right Front +

Grey/black Right Front -

Green Left Rear+

Green/black Left rear -

Purple Right Rear +

Purple/black Right Rear-

Blue Power Antenna

Blue/white amplifier turn on

Factory wres are

12V Red/black stripe

12V Acc Blue

Left Front + Blue/white stripe

Left Front - Blue/yellow stripe

Right Front+ Brown

Right Front - Brown/white stripe

Left Rear + Red

Left Rear - Dark Green

Right Rear+ Blue

Right Rear - Pink

So it's basically connecting these together

Yellow 12V - 12V Red/black stripe

Red 12V Acc - 12V Acc Blue

S

swanny

ah excellent, I'll get on this tonight.

What did you use for an earth ??

A

Andybtsn

You could just sort your own earth mate, but there was one lying around from something (cant remember which!!) so I hooked it up to that.

Have plenty of spare fuses ready!

S

swanny

Got myself a bag of 12 10amp fuses... and have worked out the problem. previous owner had wired the earth of the head unit to the red/blue wire which from looking above is a 12v feed... nice :/

Just need a proper earth point now and should sort everything out, but i definately have working rear lights once more :D:D

S

swanny

Dude, when you look at urs over the weekend, could you try and let me know where you are earthing yours to pls ?

I'm just gonna leave the stereo out until I know exactly which wires I can use as an earth.