head unit relocation

O

owens

has anyone swapped there headunit with the three guages at the top of the dash??

ive seen some pics of one relocated but i wondered how it was done as
im going to be fitting my screen, but it needs to be higher up so i can see it and use touch the screen

a how to guide would be great if anyone has one

Lee

300bhppulsar

also thinkin of movin the gauges il c if u get any replies :)

JIMMYBACK

ok fella where are you gonna put the gauges? are you gonna be replacing them with uprated items or are you just gonna swap them around with the stereo live at the moment?

the chief

theres 4 tabs on the gauges (2 each side) and you have to cut 1 of each side to fit them were the haed unit is. the only thing thats a pain is swapping the looms over as you have to **** about with your hand in there trying to get the loom down to the bottom

O

owens

im just gonna swap them over for now, as i will probably fit an A pillar with guage pods and replace the guages in the near future,

messing with the wiring isnt a problem, ive got to hide the ecu for the headunit and the 3x 5m of cables that go with them and im a mechanic by trade so im used to getting my hands in tight places

cheers for the help lads much appreciated

Lee

P

Pete

thats what i did with mine when i had my R its not that hard just remover both things and then take take the gauge wire and move where you want then and then the radio wire move them down to where you want them i think it took me about 1 hour to do it but i think it looks cool when done

MarkTurbo

I saw this post earlier on and as i was working on my R all day today i thought i'd get on and move the gauges so i could put my safc up where i can see it better 8) I found that by just taking the metal bracket off the back of the gauges it will fit in the stereo hole nicely and the stereo/heater surround holds it in place spot on once screwed back on ;-)

I didnt have the problem of what to do with the headunit because i binned anything remotley to do with stereo equipment years ago :lol:

P

Pete

because the gauges are for different things :der: oil temp oil presure and boost:roll: :roll: :shock: :doh:

Matty B

I think he means your boost gauge. I don't know about any body else's but mine reads + and - 7 rather than yours which reads + and - 14.

O

owens

do you have to loose the cup holder to swap the h/unit and guages ??

Lee

MarkTurbo

turbodaily said:
mark how comes your gauges have different readings on them?
Because im special :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep its because its a uk sunny and the gauges read in proper measurements unlike all your scabby old imports ;-)