Head gasket ?

dunnergtir

trying to find out what would be the best one to use as i can get a good price on the .
Apexi
1.1 mm
1.5 mm
1.8 mm
As im doing a rebuild at the minute with JE 87 mm pistons .
thanks

P

pearl 476.5bhp

dunnergtir said:
trying to find out what would be the best one to use as i can get a good price on the .
Apexi
1.1 mm
1.5 mm
1.8 mm
As im doing a rebuild at the minute with JE 87 mm pistons .
thanks
2mm bud...you can run more boost

oldaneal

depends on what boost/power your looking at running. thicker gaskets = more boost safer but will think you will loose some of the off boost torque

think the usual advise is 1.2 unless your planning really big power

dunnergtir

oldaneal said:
depends on what boost/power your looking at running. thicker gaskets = more boost safer but will think you will loose some of the off boost torque

think the usual advise is 1.2 unless your planning really big power
i was thinking the same you are depending more on the boost for torque .what would you think is big power ??? :thumbsup:

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
pearl 476.5bhp said:
2mm bud...you can run more boost
Having experience of high boost/low compression and normal compression engines.I'd have to say that the normal compression engine is definately the nicer engine to have.I would never again recommend a low compression/high boost engine,they are absolute $hite :der: :der: :der:

As for gasket thickness,stick with the size that allows you to keep as close as possible to std compression ratio.

As for make of gasket,price you can get them for is probably the deciding factor.

Apexi,HKS,Cometic etc etc are all about the same.They'll all do a good job :thumbsup:

O

Odin

Stay well clear of the 2mm gaskets fella, Unless your head has had loads taken off it, My new engine is being built to take over 500bhp with a standard ish compression ratio .

Rob

ashills

1.2 is nice and keeps thinks close to as nissan intend it and doesnt alter things like the squish etc but thats all pretty anal so just throw a 1.2mm on and it will be fine lol