Hanbrake return srping?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
This might be a bit of a long shot, but there's no harm in asking. - I noticed the other day that my handbrake seemed to have lost "grab" (i.e. it wasn't doing any braking); seeing as I rebuilt the callipers not so long ago I thought I'd take a look.

Seems that the OS calliper no-longer has the spring on the mechanism, which I'm hoping means it doesn't ratchet when the brake is released (so now won't provide any further braking force). - Does that sound right to people who know more about the mechanics than I do?

If so, does anyone have a spare they'd like taken off their hands?

If not, what should I be looking at now (my dodgy handywork is my guess)?

I'm a bit confused by FAST as I think it's part 44091-78N00, but that says F/RH Spring, and it's clearly not the front axle.

GTI-R Nath

Im sure bigg red will sell them since my rear calipers had new springs on them after they came back from being rebuild.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'll give them a try; that's where my rebuild kit came from, but I didn't see any springs listed at the time so I didn't automatically think of them. - I know they say they don't sell slider pins for these callipers, but I think they just don't recognise the ones they do have as fitting.

GTI-R Nath

Yeah they dident give me new slider pins when i got the calipers back, but the springs were new the long nut thing was new and the bits the cable hooks on to were new too

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Bigg Red say they don't sell them, and that if you want them you should go to a wrecker... so *bump*.