Had clutch and 5th gear synchro's done and now 1.5bar boost!

A

Az

My car is now amazingly fast!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Turned my AVCR on to show boost and it peaked at 1.53 bar :shock: :shock: Thinking WTF, no wonder I minced a M3 who was all over my arse!!!

How can this happen?? How can I adjust it? I'm worried I'll blow it up coz doubt the fuel pump or engine could take that as I think it's standard.

Cheers 4 any help!

Keira

you will have to go in the settings mode and turn it down, who set up ???

just select boost/duty and then adjust it.

A

Az

kieron said:
you will have to go in the settings mode and turn it down, who set up ???

just select boost/duty and then adjust it.
I haven't touched it, and the garage say they didn't.

I have changed the boost/duty down to 0.70 and 40% but it still boosts mega :?

Where can I check the actuator/wg hose connection?

A

antilag

hahahahaha mem giving boost control advice lol :lol:

thats like edd giving diet advice

or vpulsar giving storage advice on cranks

or me and andy giving advice on first time rebuilds :D

Keira

Have you still got top mount ???

Check the hose that connects through the intercooler, one bit comes out by the plenum the other is down underneath sort of near the dizzy thats normally the one people forget about :roll:

A

Az

kieron said:
Have you still got top mount ???

Check the hose that connects through the intercooler, one bit comes out by the plenum the other is down underneath sort of near the dizzy thats normally the one people forget about :roll:
Yeh top mount, will go and have a look....

E

Edd

40% is fat too much, turn it down to say 20% then see what boost it hits and increase it from there

i run 0.9 bar and mines set 30% or so

A

Az

Edd said:
40% is fat too much, turn it down to say 20% then see what boost it hits and increase it from there

i run 0.9 bar and mines set 30% or so
Ok thanks, will do that when I drive her tomorrow.

I've taken a few pics of my engine as I couldn't see anything that was connected that looked at though it should be, although it is quite hard to see :oops:

Can you see anything wrong?

J

jiw

the actuator is under the oil breather box in the top pic, its the grey round thing behind the compressor outlet pipe, on your's it should have a pipe coming off that to the apexi boost control valve, jeff

Rav

i have the exact same problem mate have had to disconnect the avcr until i get my top mount. set the avcr for 1 bar and it peaked at 1.15bar

disconnected it and it runs sweet. will have to get the fuelling set up to match.

maybe olly or gary can explain more as u all know im not very technical :oops:

E

Edd

don't rely on the setting that says 1.0 bar etc

it's the duty that's important, if it's boosting too high then you just turn the duty down, it really isn't that hard...

.....and if that doesn't work then you have plumbed it in wrong

A

Az

jiw said:
the actuator is under the oil breather box in the top pic, its the grey round thing behind the compressor outlet pipe, on your's it should have a pipe coming off that to the apexi boost control valve, jeff
Thanks mate, will check it out in daylight tomorrow :)

Edd said:
don't rely on the setting that says 1.0 bar etc

it's the duty that's important, if it's boosting too high then you just turn the duty down, it really isn't that hard...

.....and if that doesn't work then you have plumbed it in wrong
Thanks, I will adjust the duty tomorrow from the AVCR unit.

I didn't unplum or plumb it back in, a garage did :oops:

M

memski

antilag said:
hahahahaha mem giving boost control advice lol :lol:

thats like edd giving diet advice

or vpulsar giving storage advice on cranks

or me and andy giving advice on first time rebuilds :D
Very funny.. Actually if you read again, I didn't give any advice. I just asked a question :roll: Anyway, my boost prob may be solved :wink:

Az for the advice (see what I done there :wink: :oops: ), make sure that the vac hose leading from the avcr solonoid down is plumbed into the nipple on the actuator, and that the hose from the side of the solonoid plumbs into the metal pipe beneath the intercooler. From the other end of the pipe will be another hose which should connect to the nipple on the inlet by the plenum cover.

L

Little Erve

Have you felt how hot the solenoid gets there? The manual says to keep it away from hot parts. Heat probably shortens the solenoids life I'm guessing.

A

Az

The garage have looked at my car and say that there is nothing not connected as there should be :?

I have set the boost controller as I want it and tried other settings (Boost/Duty) but it seems to have no effect :(

I'm scared of blowing it up as everytime I floor it I get 1.5bar showing on the AVCR.

Do you reckon it would do much damage? Anyone down in Hants fancy having a butcher if I bring her to you? Drop me a PM if u like...

Thx

A

Anonymous

Is it my bad eyes or is the AVC-R solenoid connected to the dump valve?!!!!

E

Edd

if your going jap show on sunday at the pod i'll have a look for you