gutless sometimes coming on boost?

gtir bean

i done about a 600 mile round trip in my r this weekend and on the way back it went a bit funny for a while.if i put my foot to the floor in 5th from about 2krpm you could feel it holding back and strugle to accelerate.i know its not normaly going to just take off at that rpm but it was like doing the same thing in a 1l micra and at one point it backfired slightly.also siting at say 60 off boost with foot barely on the throtle its like its hunting slightly(feel it backing off etc)but give it some beans and it goes fine.its fine again now and drives fine up the gears.timing is set and no fault codes.anybody had the same sort of thing?

warringtonjack

I've got a similar sort of thing, basically labouring more than it should at lower revs, but when the revs do finally build it shoots off like a dream. I been advised it may be my actuator on the way out. I'm sure someone on here could confirm whether this is likely or not.

Oh, and sorry for the highjack, but if it is the actuator, is it worth fitting uprated item?