Gtir or GT4?

youngsyp

Odin said:
I like the look of some of the gt4's but that red one was yuk, It looked like a jelly mould, And the guy next door to me at my old house Basingstoke had a modded one that was slow as you like, My 300bhp pulsar murdered it.

I took him out in mine and he told me that the pulsar handled a lot better in the corners than his car, His words where " how the f*ck can you corner so fast" lol.

I suppose me having big AP brakes and a fully set of poly bushes helped a bit though HeHeHe.

Rob
That must have been a ST185 or ST165. The ST205 handled very well, the suspension was specifically designed for the rally car but, was carried over to the road car. The ST205, was also about 200 kgs lighter than the preceeding models so, with that plus the 35-50 bhp increase in power, the performance difference is not hard to see.

youngsyp

pulsarboby said:
join the scooby haters club:lol: driven by morons, who think there better and have a better car than anyone on the planet!
and most of the tossers live in essex:oops:
You're not kidding with the Essex comment. The SIDC was formed just down the road from you in Canewdon !

O

Odin

youngsyp said:
That must have been a ST185 or ST165. The ST205 handled very well, the suspension was specifically designed for the rally car but, was carried over to the road car. The ST205, was also about 200 kgs lighter than the preceeding models so, with that plus the 35-50 bhp increase in power, the performance difference is not hard to see.

No it was definitely a st205 because he keep telling how much better and faster it was, Until I took him out in my motec and AP equipped pulsar that is ;-) .

He asked me how come I was accelerating into corners he would of been braking for :twisted: :lol: :lol: .

I don't doubt that the ST205 is a very good car as its track record in WRC proves 8) , But I didn't think it was that spacious inside and the engine looked even worse to work on than that of the pulsar :shock: :doh: .

Oh and he had loads of problems with bushes keeping wearing out all the time, Front and rear :roll:, Bl00dy thing was always in the garage :der: .

Rob

O

Odin

Sean_gtir said:
but thats faster than a pulsar? surely not? is it?

They are about the same but the ST205 runs more boost as standard, If you run the same power levels then the pulsar will murder it every time ;-) .

0-100 for my pulsar running 311 bhp was 9 seconds, No idea about the GT4 though.

Rob

gunmetalgtir

youngsyp said:
Around 5.4 seconds and 15 seconds respectively for a JDM ST205.
Hmm dunno bout that, a guy down my bit has a uk spec 1 and its about 7secs to 60! Is there that much difference between a UK spec and a JDM spec?

S

Sean_gtir

gunmetalgtir said:
Hmm dunno bout that, a guy down my bit has a uk spec 1 and its about 7secs to 60! Is there that much difference between a UK spec and a JDM spec?
I was thinking the same is the JDM one lighter or something? 5.4 is pretty fast for a car with that weight

youngsyp

The standard JDM car runs 0.7 bar boost but, this is limited in 1st and 2nd gear, by the ecu.
The standard cars (GTiR and GT Four) do have very similar performance figure for 0-60 and 0-100 yes. I believe the standard GTiR times are 5.3 seconds and 14.9 seconds respectively ?!
The JDM WRC is 10 kgs lighter than the UK car but, it has 15 bhp more on the right fuel. 'The book' 0-60 time for the UKDM ST205 is 6 seconds from memory, not 7 seconds. That's the time for the ST185 !
As for the times, a boggo Evo 6 would do a 0-60 in 4.4 seconds and 0-100 in around 13 seconds. That weighs the same but, has 25 or 45 bhp and around 35lbs/ft torque more, depending on who you ask. So, there not so far fetched !
The major advantage of the GTiR, and the reason it manages manages the times/performance it does, is because it's so light. It's just a shame they didn't pay more attention to the weight distribution though as, that would have made it a stormer of a base fast road car !

S

Sean_gtir

warringtonjack said:
But everywhere else i read sais 6.1 for the gt4 i dont know which ones are true! to be honest im swaying towards the Pulsar the people on the forum seem very friendly and helpfull which is always a bonus! and the Pulsar just sounds like such an animal bargain buy!:lol:

O

Odin

Sean_gtir said:
the people on the forum seem very friendly and helpful which is always a bonus:

That will only last until you ask a stupid question like is 1 bar ok or do 19's fit :doh: :lol: , If you do then you could face a full barrage of abuse :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

S

Sean_gtir

:lol:
Odin said:
That will only last until you ask a stupid question like is 1 bar ok or do 19's fit :doh: :lol: , If you do then you could face a full barrage of abuse :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob
Haha i will remember not to ask those questions then! i will be putting 15 or 16's on no bigger and i wont be messing around the with the boost by myself because i wouldnt have a clue what im doing and would not want to blow up my car!:-D

O

Odin

gunmetalgtir said:
And no doubt rob you would be the first one to dish it out! :lol:

I do my best fella you know me ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

youngsyp

Sean_gtir said:
But everywhere else i read sais 6.1 for the gt4 i dont know which ones are true!
That's for the UKDM ST205. Plus, if you look around, that figure is mentioned for the GTiR.

Fact is, the GTiR was tested by Autocar when it was first released, and the managed a 5.1 seconds 0-60 but, averaged out 5.3 seconds over 3 runs.

You need to take all these figures with a pinch of salt as, firstly were they measured with proper timing gear ? And secondly, to achieve those times, you need to have absolutely zero mechanical sympathy. You'll probably find that the rev it to the limiter and side step the clutch. Then there's the point that 0-60 times mean nothing in the real world, it's the in gear times that show how quick a car is !

And yes, most of us are friendly on here :)

GTiRlover

youngsyp said:
Fact is, the GTiR was tested by Autocar when it was first released, and the managed a 5.1 seconds 0-60 but, averaged out 5.3 seconds over 3 runs.
Do you know which issue Autocar road tested the GTiR?

Adam L

GT4's look seriously gay, almost like a spasticated dart.

my Renault 5, that i built, is quicker than a modded one and being an ex track car....