gtir acting like herbie

davey red.r

:lol::lol: heres a good one for yous my white gtir has the wash wipe bottle in the boot and everytime i brake hard frikkin water comes out the jets and cleans my windscreen:doh::oops::lol:
i guess you could call it water surge:lol: anyone else had this happen?
either way its going in front again but will have to be the smaller bottle due to fmic pipework anyone got on for sale?

cheers

davey;-)

JGR 60

Mine does the same. didn't do it when first moved to boot (or i never noticed)but does now , even under light braking water comes out passengers side jets.

davey red.r

its a tw*t when you have just washed your car and there is screen wash all over the bonett:doh::x
its staying empty until relocated.

olliecast

i`ve got a washer bag in my front bumper mate, then attached a piece of hose to the orginal spout. Works spot on. There`s a pic in the members r section

marcus_g

sounds like someones connected it to the brake light wiring so when you brake it squirts:mong: :doh:.....try sorting the wiring!!

R

riske

I can brake severely and the back wheels come off the floor and still no water comes out. Check the wiring dude. Bag is a good idea.

JGR 60

Don't thing mine has anything to do with wiring and brake light as when stationary you can sit with your foot on brakes and no water comes out. So i presume this rules out wiring/brake light as a cause. Or am i missing something

davey red.r

Don't thing mine has anything to do with wiring and brake light as when stationary you can sit with your foot on brakes and no water comes out. So i presume this rules out wiring/brake light as a cause. Or am i missing something
same as mine, does not do it stationary, and i dont hear the washwipe motor either when i brake, but i do when i pull the lever in the correct way for water.

davey

warringtonjack

Davey, prob just me being thick, but what the hell type difference would the location of the bottle make if surge was indeed the problem? Surely the surge will be the same in the boot as in the engine bay?? :noidea: