Gt3071r on standard internals mapped 1.3bar

samgtr

well after fitting a full 3 inch exhaust system i booked it in at Surrey Rolling Road to see the power it makes

Mapped at 1.1bar
380BHP

engine internally is standard so not to bad

video
[video=youtube;5_k1flNhwJk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_k1flNhwJk[/video]

Last edited:

johnsy

did you change the map after fitting the exhaust?

isnt that a little low on the power side for a 3071r @ 1.3bar?

samgtr

Yeah it's mapped after the 3" system fitted

Power seems ok probably would of made more if it was a forged engine but I'm happy for now

shroom

Fucking laptop just wrote a reply and it CNuting deleted it

EDIT AFTER CALM DOWN:-

Would it have benefited to have gone for a smaller turbo if you are happy to run that power, for example a 2871 or 6, this would allowed some scope to 400bhp but been in a better range for the turbo as 1.3 bar on a 3071 is just tickling it, I do know that around 1.4 bar on a 3071 is great and good fun and a 3071 could leave you with more scope in the future plus chopping and changing turbo's is not always the easiest.

Another thing, would actualy having "forged pistons" give extra BHP, I know that you can have different comp ratios and a higher comp can help with low down power and the ability to use less boost at the same BHP but will it actively be any different to the stock engine with a very good map. I know that cams can help on a NA car but in a turbo would it be more of a case of moving the power band.

Fusion Ed

Actually it was 1.1 bar from where we were sitting. (dyno read out) It was actuator pressure. Sam wanted more. I didn't want to do it!!

Fusion Ed

Fucking laptop just wrote a reply and it CNuting deleted it

EDIT AFTER CALM DOWN:-

Would it have benefited to have gone for a smaller turbo if you are happy to run that power, for example a 2871 or 6, this would allowed some scope to 400bhp but been in a better range for the turbo as 1.3 bar on a 3071 is just tickling it, I do know that around 1.4 bar on a 3071 is great and good fun and a 3071 could leave you with more scope in the future plus chopping and changing turbo's is not always the easiest.

Another thing, would actualy having "forged pistons" give extra BHP, I know that you can have different comp ratios and a higher comp can help with low down power and the ability to use less boost at the same BHP but will it actively be any different to the stock engine with a very good map. I know that cams can help on a NA car but in a turbo would it be more of a case of moving the power band.
2871 starts to struggle above 380hp. They will do more but this 3071 was walking it, in fact it was still asleep. I reckon a 3071 .64 housing would have been a better compromise, but to be honest this setup Sam has is very efficient.

Its not really the pistons or the rods that bothered me. Its the fact the engine still has stock head gasket, that prevented me from wanting - or advising to turn the boost up. It would/could have made loads more power, but who knows for how long...

samgtr

The reason i chose the turbo etc is for future as when and if this engine is to let go it would be replaced forged. Didn't realise it was 1.1 bar lol

samgtr

It drives great and isn't laggy, just the 3" system can't get on your nerves after a while with the noise

Heres a pic of the graph the print out il put up when I'm back from work

MarkTurbo

Ed you must be able to map a 3071 on a pulsar in your sleep these days :lol: Good result 8)

The power seems a bit high for 1.1 bar though! The only reason i say that is because i ran mine at actuator pressure for a bit (1 bar HKS actuator) and it felt gutless and a lot slower than my old standard turbo set up which was probably around 330bhp :?

chopper

Mark were you running it like that before a remap? If so it could have been the reson why. Ed can you get the 3071 to make power earlier than 4500RPM ??All looks good tho mate :)

nismoboy

Ed you must be able to map a 3071 on a pulsar in your sleep these days :lol: Good result 8)

The power seems a bit high for 1.1 bar though! The only reason i say that is because i ran mine at actuator pressure for a bit (1 bar HKS actuator) and it felt gutless and a lot slower than my old standard turbo set up which was probably around 330bhp :?
Probably only down to low torque from running such a low amount of boost on a big turbo. 1.3 bar on a t28 is ringin its kneck so probably made decent torque hencewhy it felt it had more punch on the t28.

Last edited:

Fusion Ed

I don't Sam will.

As for the power. There is always some variation I find. The graphs / boost are as good as I can get them without putting the car at risk. Possibly with a boost controller, and start boost set higher it would spool quicker, but it wouldn't make a huge difference. The one was also running an external wastegate, which will help explain the decent power it made at that boost. I was quite surprised but some cars do breath better than others.