gt2871r

yellow gtir

hi guys asking on behalf of a mate.

he wants to purchase a gt2871r for his pulsar but he does not know what sizes to choose in order for it to just be a bolt on to the eninge.

these are the options he has got :

- t25 0.64 ar turbine housing
- t25 0.86 ar turbine housing
- t3 0.63 ar turbine housing
- t3 0.82 ar turbine housing

which one is to just be a bolt on and would not need for anything to be changed.

can you let me know a.s.a.p as he wants to purchase it today.

thanks

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
They all need the turbo drain modding to fit as far as I know.
I think it's the inlet housing size that causes the problems if you go to big, but I'm not sure which size it is above. (I know a 4" inlet hits the bellhousing area or is obscured by it)

stumo

Yep T25 flange, ask for GTiR setup or you'll end up with the wrong actuator bracket and other stuff.

.64 housing should spool up sooner but ultimately give less top end power, the .86 will be the other way round, ie spool up later but have more top end.

yellow gtir

They all need the turbo drain modding to fit as far as I know.
I think it's the inlet housing size that causes the problems if you go to big, but I'm not sure which size it is above. (I know a 4" inlet hits the bellhousing area or is obscured by it)
lol ok will tel him dont bather with a 4" inlet.

if its just something minor that has to be done 4 it to fit then i gess it ok but its just that he doest want to be spending more by buying lots of other things for the turbo to be put on.

yellow gtir

Yep T25 flange, ask for GTiR setup or you'll end up with the wrong actuator bracket and other stuff.

.64 housing should spool up sooner but ultimately give less top end power, the .86 will be the other way round, ie spool up later but have more top end.
ok mate will tell him that .

he has got good enuff mods ( low mount, hks induction kit, mongoose exhaust, bigger injectors, 255 fuel pump) that is far as i knw.

so what would you recommend that he should go for???

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
A small turbo like that is going to spool up quickly anyway so i would go for the .86 A/R..

If it was something like a GT3071R then i would consider the 0.64A/R for a quick spooling 400/400 car..

P

pulsarboby

they will both fit
but the 0.64 housing should have the oe 3 bolt flange for turbo up pipe where as the .86 will have the round up pipe.
so if you want a straight bolt on unit you need to go for the .64 jobby with t25 flange

iomegalinux

hi,

i'm currently installing a gt2871r on my gtir, what about the "bolt-on" i have a problem with the cold side outlet, it's hitting the tranny/engine casing. is that normal ?
ok searching older thread, i saw that using 2 gasket could help. i'll give it a try, as i need near nothing more to clear the engine. it's just that i don't want to put a stress on the t25 flange (4 bolts) when i'll torque the 8 manifold bolt/stud.

Last edited:

chopper

bob do you have a good second hand GT2891r or is it worth just spending the extact for a new one???

P

pulsarboby

bob do you have a good second hand GT2891r or is it worth just spending the extact for a new one???
no sorry, we have no good ones in stock at the mo but may have something in a couple weeks as im due to collect more cars shortly

as said just get the grinder out and chop a bit away off the block, you wont cause any damage