group a NME cars

P

pulsarboby

just wondered if any of you gtir guru's know just how many group a nme cars there are floating about or how many were originally built???

im lucky enough to have aquired a genuine one from france last week with full group a holomogation book, french fsa race book and also the swiss fsa/fiaa race book too8)
its been competing in rallys in france and was previously owned by a driver in switzerland 'yves dulex'

its a lhd uk sunny running some pretty awsome mods such as a
becker dogbox with cooler takeoffs & titanium uprated selectors
front lsd
hydraulic flyoff handbrake
adjustable brake bias
adjustable awd system (supposedly)
fully reworked forged engine
tony bardy airbox (never seen one before)
114 pcd hubs
16'' oz racing magnesium wheels
vented rear discs
ap brakes
proflex 2 way coilovers with independant hydraulics
full terratrip timing equipment
omex shiftlights
fully plumbed in extinguisher system x 2
4 proper jacking points on chassis
ecu with piggyback units (not checked these out yet)
34mm air restrictor to tubby
full nme original exhaust system which cackles/bangs and sounds awsome
fia/fsa proper cage
undershields
rear diff is different to any ive seen as the fins are double the depth

cars still on french plates but i may take her out for a blast this week to see what it can do:-D
gotta say this is the coolest car i think ive ever bought8)

pity im gonna break it:twisted:

only joking:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Well well well, its about time someone got their hands on one.

Out of interest can you take some photo's of the gearbox, I would like to compare against the one's I have of Tony Bardy's.

I'm sure you'll be Mr Popular now, with a NME unit, before long you'll be doing wheelies making 600bhp with standard injectors and maf
:lol:

P

pulsarboby

yep it wheelies off the line (can get front wheels a foot off the tarmac) might have to fit a wheelie bar:lol::lol:

does anyone know whether these ecus ran antilag?
theres buttons and switches everywhere and aint got a clue what some of them are for, so figured i best not touch anything untill i know whats what

vss irvine

bob its proflex not powerflex!!!

sounds like you got a good one there, ive got alot of memoribilia, pictures and paperwork of the ex-works cars, i can send you some pictures of another group a car thats in the uk aswell.

theres not many left, and of those most of them are in europe and scandanavia.

is your car on 4 x 114.3 mm hubs? magnesium alloy uprights/hubs? rear firewall?

does it have rosejointed suspension and alloy front wishbones? also check the radiator as the originals have an oilcooler built into the side of them.

red reading

bob its proflex not powerflex!!!

sounds like you got a good one there, ive got alot of memoribilia, pictures and paperwork of the ex-works cars, i can send you some pictures of another group a car thats in the uk aswell.

does it have rosejointed suspension and alloy front wishbones? also check the radiator as the originals have an oilcooler built into the side of them.
Who's jealous?:lol::lol::lol:

vss irvine

yeah they ran anti lag aswell, has the car been re-mapped onto pump fuel of does it still run the special mixture with acetone etc?

red reading

you said you wouldnt tell anyone??????? and i hope you werent laughing at my shades yesterday?

Shades?! i thought they were just the colour of your eyes after driving from scotland to Reading (your mates were proper bloodshot though).

And i was very surprised at the size of the package (2 will be built very soon then i'll get on the fwd one) i think i'll make about 6 complete out of that lot.

Did the journey go ok ?

vss irvine

stevie is allergic to something but they cant find what it is yet! thats why his eyes were so bad, i suggested it was work!!!

journey didnt go so well, couldnt pick up the second car as perry snr was tucked up in bed and didnt want me to pick up the car late.

didnt get the v8 either so ill be down again this week at some point!

22 hours and 1050 miles all in!

red reading

stevie is allergic to something but they cant find what it is yet! thats why his eyes were so bad, i suggested it was work!!!

journey didnt go so well, couldnt pick up the second car as perry snr was tucked up in bed and didnt want me to pick up the car late.

didnt get the v8 either so ill be down again this week at some point!

22 hours and 1050 miles all in!
:shock: down again so soon!

P

pulsarboby

bob its proflex not powerflex!!! thats what i meant lol:oops:

cars still on back of truck at the mo so not really looked at it.
i know the rad has been changed at some point as the old unit sprang a leak.
definately has not got the allie wishbones any more but not checked the hubs / pcd
yes if you could get some pics and more info would be good martyn cheers8)

danny...dont know whether it has a stepper motor yet for antilag as its still running a topmount.
il get some photos as soon as its unloaded off the truck

Last edited by a moderator:

vss irvine

ill sort you out the pictures etc bob, if its an uprated diff it'll probably be hewland at the rear.

and the works exhausts are made from a titanium material, 4 inch at the downpipe!!!

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I actually have pics of the underside of an NME car.. I will see if i can find them..

gtiroz

Administrator
Staff member
how many were originally built???
at least 6:

with full group a holomogation book
awesome! looking forward to the high quality scanned version :)

its been competing in rallys in france and was previously owned by a driver in switzerland 'yves dulex'
any idea who has been driving it for the last few years?
there's a few sites with stage results for yves, but his old dulexracing site is down, and i can't find a single image...

awesome buy bob! an active and sharing member of the owners community finally getting their hands on one of these is long overdue!
hopefully now we can get some really good first hand data.
can't wait for the many hundreds of pics to come!

cheers,
shalom