Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines

A

Anonymous

Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines

Where from

Boooooost

Found their site and e-mailed them phoned them today direct and as the fronts are being custom made will take a week. £86 with plastic coating, P+P and VAT. 01392369090 :D

skiddusmarkus

I paid about £45 from a place near Derby.Not coated though.can't remember name of place but it was in Chaddesden if anyone is local.

MarkTurbo

Even though i work for Goodridge i'm not a fan of their kit for the Gti-r :oops: Hope my boss dosen't read this :lol:

The original hoses have a locator on the hose which clips to the strut to stop them rubbing anywhere but this isn't put on the braided lines, also i think the Goodridge rear lines are shorter than the standard rubber ones :?

I made up a set specially for my car with plastic coated hose, stainless steel end fittings, and the proper locators 8)

N

Ninja_tune_factory

iv got to say im with mark on this one iv got the kit and it such a bady made kit :? :(

i thort wen i brot them it look good but now 7mounths on there not very good

lionel

G

GTI-R Kid

lionel_white_R said:
i thort wen i brot them it look good but now 7mounths on there not very good
Ok so they don't look good - but what about the more important factor - performance? Do they work well?

O

Odin

3 post's you must be typeing on a computer that isn't paddy proof :lol: :wink:

G

GTI-R Kid

Poxy piece of shit work computer V. :oops: Which is american! :roll:

K

KrissJ

I got mine direct from Hi Spec when I ordered my brakes. Can't remember how much they were but I'm sure they were a lot cheaper than £70-£80. I'll have a look at the reciept when I get home.

You're right, they don't have the clips. We had to cable tie them on, which seems to be working ok. I thought they looked smart and they fit very well. I only got them on this year though so time will tell if they can last the distance :)

ian c

hoses

i agree with mark also, they are not good.....without the middle fitting (to the strut) they can move about and get caught.....and the result - On lex's car at three sisters - the rear hose got snagged and snapped meaning no brakes...........so......

I got mine from goodridge motorsport (silverstone circuit)...just gave them the original hoses and another four middle fittings and said copy those please..........about £60 i think. non coated.

fil_gtir

Bit late on this, but has anyone told goodridge about their kits, I rang them after ordering a set, and then reading this, so spoke to them and they were unaware of the problem and are more than willing to make some proper ones.

I am gonna check out my originals against the goodridge and get them to make up some identical.

Phil

MarkTurbo

Nad said:
Just get Mark to tell his boss then, suprised he hasnt already :wink:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'm still on holiday at the moment 8) but i'll do it as soon as i get back :wink: I've still got my standard rubber hoses in the shed, so i'll get them used as a pattern.

Lionels already got a braided set that i made to the same spec as the original rubber ones :wink:

Y

YODI

Old post but I agree, I bought mine from Gary at gtir.spares for £55. Not very happy with the quality though if I'm honest (NOTHING TO DO WITH GARY!)

They are just 4 stainless brake lines that connect at each end with nothing to secure them with or stop them rubbing but cable ties.

Just my 2p

Yodi

G

GazTi-R

Mark... ermmm... any chance of knocking up another set for me? :wink:
Maybe p/x for some batteries if u need any? :wink: