Gizmo chips..

A

Anonymous

elo guys..

right im in two minds of going a unichip with boost controller or a product that PTS recommended called "Gizzmo" where the ECU values are altered directly (not piggy back).

Have any of you guys heard of "Gizzmo" and its performance / problems?

Any help greatly appreciated...

Chris

A

Anonymous

Musashi said:
elo guys..

right im in two minds of going a unichip with boost controller or a product that PTS recommended called "Gizzmo" where the ECU values are altered directly (not piggy back).
never heard of this before.i always thought that the ecu was manufactured in such a way that you couldn`t alter the std values and had to go piggy back with another board/ecu etc.

one thing tho,there seems to be an awful lot of "i`ve been here or there and they say this,what does the forum think".

if you don`t trust pts to give you the truth,why go there? this is just an honest question,not trying to stir anything.

A

Anonymous

its not that i dont trust them...they have said that they have had good results with the gizzmo chips...

There is a wealth of experience on this board that it would be silly not to ask..for that "just in case" factor....

I phoned another tuner before PTS and they said that you couldn't control boost setting through a Unichip (even though Dastek said you could with an addon module)

I dont mind spending the money on my R...I just want to make sure its on the right things...good qtn though :)

ex-gtir

gizzmo are a very good company in new zealand make a lot of chips stc for evo 1>3 are very well respected in th evo groups down under i have on e to go in my evo very cheap and ythey can map to your spec
mike

S

str_motorsport

i have a gizzmo stage one chip on my gti-r, and i am really happy with it.it has been on the car for about teo years now, and never had a problem with it.
it has 8000rpm rev limit, and i am running 1,1 bar with it.
many people here in italy have the same chip on the gti-r and they are all very happy.
but with this chip it is better to use 98 octane minimun fuel.
with the chip, mongoose exhaust, cone filter,jun flywheel,hks plugs i have got massive wheel spin on first and second gear in the wet!!!in third it is a bit better...
i strongly suggest you to fit the gizzmo chip!!!you will be pleased with it!!and for that price!!if i am not wrong i payed £100 for it shipped!!!!
they also habe the stage two, to use with 555cc injectors.

A

Anonymous

Musashi said:
There is a wealth of experience on this board that it would be silly not to ask..for that "just in case" factor....
i think it can be very confusing at times for people who are new to the tuning lark.while there is a wealth of experience,there`s also a pile of bs and snobbery to sift thru as well.

you get directed down one way by a certain tuner and there could be 12 guys on here that have got the same result by going 12 diferent ways.then how do you make a decision :roll:

as for the unichip,it`s exactly the same with the power fc,you can`t control the boost without a seperate controller or an addon module,so i wouldn`t judge them too harshly :wink:

to be perfectly honest,i`m not a great believer in these chips with their fixed values for this and that.everybody says i`ll be happy running 1.2bar forever,yeah right pull the other 1.everybody ups the boost eventually and how do you do it when you have a fixed value chip in your ecu.at least with something like a power fc/unichip etc all you need is a quick remap.

zia

unless the chip can be tailored to your engine spec it of limited value when upgarding other item. what ign adv has it been set at?what fuel map has it got? is the mapping agressive or just midly tuned? does your gtir use the same mods as the chip donor car? do get the drift loads question you make like to ask the tuner.

zia
p.s who did you speak to tony or paul?

zia

S

str_motorsport

even the gizzmo chip can be reprogrammed to follow other mods!!!power fc and unichic could be reprogrammed, but it is the same think for the gizzmo chip!!!!!
you just have to have an eprom reader and programmer, the right program which is not difficult to find and it is done!!a good tuner should be able to modify the files in the chip!!
you can also run bigger injectors and different maf with these chips!!!
there are cars in japan running t88 turbos, and still the original ecu with a modified chip!!!
this is the same mod as tomei, jun, mine's, grid......i think they know what they are doing!!
gizzmo chips have been roliing roaded.
it is a top company, for top performance products.
now it is up to your choice!!and power fc and unichip have exactly the same loading point number as a chipped ecu....

A

Anonymous

str_motorsport said:
even the gizzmo chip can be reprogrammed to follow other mods!!!power fc and unichic could be reprogrammed, but it is the same think for the gizzmo chip!!!!!
you just have to have an eprom reader and programmer, the right program which is not difficult to find and it is done!!a good tuner should be able to modify the files in the chip!!
are we talking about being able to modify the files within the eprom for the car it`s fitted to or is it a map that`s been created in japan on a dyno using certain parameters.personally i`d only be happy if it was car specific.

A

Anonymous

I spoke to Paul...very helpfull...

If you check out their site they have a chip specifically for each car...

Seems to be good....it's a case of finding the best solution for the money :)

A

Anonymous

Musashi said:
If you check out their site they have a chip specifically for each car...
so you have to get it "mapped" after it`s been fitted to your car then :?:

ex-gtir

E

Evil_GtiR

Gizmo is quite a good chip in new zealand, i think ronnie lim with the fastest australasia FWD drag record using his honda integra uses the gizmo chip