getting the foundations right

snoon

5'th'd about new 3" elbow/downpipe - By far the best bang for your buck mod I've done.
£350 I gained about 20BHP and the spool time is much lower (Well it would be if I'd had it on the road in ages :( but that's another story!)

I reckon on a 350BHP car you'd see massive improvements over the standard elbow, even if it is mated to a 2.5" mongoose rather than a full 3" system.

Defo get it sorted before your remap.

As above - Get saving - Once you start modding it, you won't stop - Your mates will think your a dick because all you'll ever say when asked about the car is 'Well, I just need to get X, THEN it will be finished'.

Best advise is - Be happy when you having it running well and keep it that way rather than trying to go faster and faster - Or you'll end up like me with a bag of shite pulsar that hasn't been run in 2 years because of houses/weddings/life etc etc eats up my R funds!

stumo

Apart from what's already been said make sure you have no stupid little faults..

Ie tickover is correct and not at 1100rpm etc
You have no boost leaks, no matter how small
Your wiring is nice and not a rats nest and the joints etc are nice,
Make sure all the earths are good
The piping for any gauges has been logically thought out and not just stuffed in anywhere

In other words, attention to detail is what will get you a nice running car, no matter what level of power you're going for.