Getting my pain in the arse pulsar back..

craigcarlon

Just got off the phone to tuning developments.. I asked them for a bill for how much I owe them and to get it back and I thought it was a bit steep.. £1250 big ones!!!!! I've asked them to email me an invoice with details of what they've charged me for because I think that prices is laughable tbh

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It would be interesting to see how they've come to the total; what charge they've assigned to what work.

The problem may be that they can show they've done work, and they've still got the car.

red reading

Pay on a credit card, then take the car without signing any disclaimer, then get the credit card company to withdraw the payment under the statement that the work was not completed to a satisfactory standard, report them to trading standard as well.

red reading

Same goes to anyone as well pay on credit cards to any traders or buisness, as long as the transaction or part of it (over £100), goes on the card you are protected legally under the sale of goods act etc....so if they try to tuck you up you can get the money back instantly.....but beware anyone who try's to use this facility illegally as you can and will get in shit.....also you will be charged £5 to start the proceedings.

Born Again

I don't know the story behind this, but the wording you used before they started work is important. If you diagnosed specific faults yourself and told them what to do to fix it then if they have done what you instructed them to do the law is on their side. However, if you booked it in and described the symptoms leaving them to diagnose and rectify any fault(s) it can be a very different story.

Example.
Tell them you need a new clutch and upon collection the fault is still there because it was a gearbox problem puts the blame on you.
Tell them your having problems when changing gear and for them to be paid the fault needs to be correctly diagnosed by them then rectified.

It sounds like they have done some work but your car is still not right. In this case the precedent is for you to reach a financial compromise. They've put time and effort (and presumeably parts) into the car and for that they should be reimbursed, however the sum should be less than the sum agreed upon for them to put the car back to running order.

craigcarlon

Dog baseball bat gun.. What a plan! Haha
When I asked for him to email me a detailed invoice he was like 'erm erm erm'
im going to go down and make sure he knows I'm not happy because I feel like he's taking the peace massively

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Sounds to me like you've got them on the back foot. - Obviously you'd like to see how they came up with the invoice, so if they can't show you their working you've got a right to refuse to pay... as I said; the problem is going to be if they say they've put £1000 of labor into it at £100/hour (or whatever the going rate is). It's hard to prove that they haven't, when they've had the car this long.