gearchange linkage

jjs

hi , has any one tried removing the gear change rear rubber mount and making it solid, thought it may take some of the vageness out of the gear changes , was going to try it on the autocross car , the only problem it may cause is if there is a lot of rock on the engine ? not sure how it would affect the gearchanges ,

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Is this the "Energy Suspension" bush that comes up for sale every now and then? I think we had a group buy a couple of years ago. - By all accounts it makes the stick feel a lot "tighter" and the gear selections more definite.

I don't know if anyone sells them in the UK, but they are available from Australia I think.

jjs

hi it s the one on the far right of the picture with the bolt with the large counter weight on the end , i take it the weight is to try and reduce vibration, , the vibration wouldnt be an issue on a track car , i was thinking of using the original bracket but cutting the rubber of and welding a plate on to the original bracket to make it solid, may be worth a try , i have a spare so can easily revert back to the original if there is any problems ,

olliecast

No its on now mate. Drilled it on and fastened with the bolt through the back.

I'll try and get a picture later on when I'm under the shitter

jjs

hi, ollie tried the mod out on my auto cross car at the weekend with no problems, gear selection more precise didnt miss any gears and no fifth instead of third LOl , nice one , :lol:

olliecast

Brilliant matey :).

Make sure you run a poly stabiliser bush and I turned some ptfe to fit in the arm onto the box. Hardly any noticable play in the stick now