Gearbox

red reading

how long is a piece of string? it might be ok at 450bhp it might not,mine was fine at that figure,but others have'nt.

Dangerous Dave

I think its down to how you drive the car, if your ramming it in and out of gears and launching it from stand still its not going to last long.

antopulsar

all down to the box mate regardless of clutch. bigger clutch only means you can run more power with out it slipping

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
all down to the box mate regardless of clutch. bigger clutch only means you can run more power with out it slipping
Although logically that means you can put more power into the box before the clutch starts to slip. You could argue that a weak clutch protects the box from damage because you can't give it as much shock.

I agree though; it's more about how you abuse the box than the amount of power you're running. It's just that more power means you can abuse the gearbox more when you launch it.

P

pulsarboby

im just trying to work out how many times this questions been asked in the last month:roll::doh:

P

pulsarboby

sorry danny you are quite correct but you need to send me a confirmation pm before discussing that on here, to which i have not recieved as of yet, please also send a warning pm letting me know that this is being sent prior to myself sending out any kind of pm to you.

you know the rules by now surely!

red reading

appology sent via pm (with a p-p-p-pm,p-p-pm,pre-pm),and another pm with pre warnings has been sent regarding the above g/box matter

P

pulsarboby

yes thankyou danny, that all seems in order to which i will reply via a pre pm first of all to confirm the pms recieved

Smo

I'll be running over 500bhp with a standard box and AP twin paddle clutch mate. It won't last long I'm sure!

Last edited:

johnsy

pm sent bob!

i blew the end bearing straight threw the end casing at about 70 mph ,i wasnt flogging it and it was a clean change, it was just a 14yr old box with 100,000k on it bowing out gracefully , guy in the car behind was nt happy,oil and shrapnel all over his Audi tt lol

that was just at 1 bar(278bhp)