Gearbox rebuilding.

Hannie

Following up from a previous post I did, it appears my 1st/2nd and reverse are on they're way out. Its hard to get into those gears, now what is the most common cause of this and does anyone know of a company to supply the parts to fix it? Has anyone else rebuilt their own box using parts they bought etc. Also does anyone have info on building the box. All help and info appreciated:-D

ashills

you ll need a hydraulic press or puller to get the gears off the shafts if u want to start chancing gears or syncro's

some bearings can be bought as non nissan but most bits have to come from them

00sid has done alot of boxes maybe worth asking him about it, he has suppliers for bearings etc

Hannie

Yeah I can probably get hold of the tools, im guessing I would need selector forks and syncro's to get it working again. So ideally need to price those up.

Hannie

Having a play around today I noticed that the bush on the linkage support arm moves around alot when selecting gears. Anyone else noticed this?

geetee

Those symptoms - 1st / 2nd / reverse starting to crunch or being just hard to engage were the start of my clutch release arm going. Got a lot worse over a few weeks :)

Grab a torch, pull the rubber dust cover boot thing up and take a look - it'll be fairly obvious if that's the culpritl