Gearbox Casing - Drawing

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Does any one have or know where i can get a technical drawing of the GTiR Gearbox Casing..

I have an engineering company in the US looking at making a billet steel one with all the bad areas re-enforced..

Cheers,

Rishi

O

Odin

RishiGTiR said:
Does any one have or know where i can get a technical drawing of the GTiR Gearbox Casing..

I have an engineering company in the US looking at making a billet steel one with all the bad areas re-enforced..

Cheers,

Rishi

Kool :thumbsup: .

Rob

Rishi

Thats probably the most helpfull post you've ever come up with! Thanks!.. :doh:

O

Odin

RishiGTiR said:
Thats probably the most helpfull post you've ever come up with! Thanks!.. :doh:

Your welcome matey :thumbsup: , Sorry can't help with the drawing though.

Rob

Trip

RishiGTiR said:

Cheers,

Rishi

There are some expenisive equipment out there which can 3D draw the case by laser scanning it
http://www.laserdesign.com/

Although not billet, One can make up a mold, thicken the material where needed.

bracpan

Trips link is probably the best route to get an acurate image/drawing I use CAD every day but trying to measure a g/box casing and making the correct drawing would be very very dificult and also time consuming. The other way would be to send them a casing..
Good luck.
Phil

O

Odin

abyss said:
what kind of prices would the billet steel casing cost if a large batch was made.

Rishi was telling me last night that they charge around £600 for a Honda one, So I reckon if they can do them then it should be around the same amount ;-) .

Rob

Rishi

1 - I have no idea of cost.. That £600 was just a number in my head for some reason! I could be WAY WAY off!!

2 - All i want is the Nissan Tech Drawing.. Unless someone can have one made..

Once i have all this i can get a price...

Rishi

O

Odin

RishiGTiR said:
1 - I have no idea of cost.. That £600 was just a number in my head for some reason! I could be WAY WAY off!!

2 - All i want is the Nissan Tech Drawing.. Unless someone can have one made..

Once i have all this i can get a price...

Rishi

I think the cheapest option would be to send them a casing over to the US, Maybe everybody who is really interested could share the cost with Rishi, If their is enough of us then we can all chip in for postage costs and even buying a casing if need be.

With enough interest the cost would be negligible for interested individuals ;-) .

Another option is to ask one of the state side members to get hold of a casing, Because from what I read their is loads sitting unwanted over there from all the front clips that have been bought.

Rob

kirko

a billet aluminium casing is going to cost one hell of a lot more than £600
just the block of ally to start with would cover that ! there is a lot of work involved it will need to be so precise:shock:
the only way to get it to the accurracy required is to have the original drawings from the designs
i think its worthwhile following it up though because if it is possible to do and even if it cost upto £2000 its going to be a good solution;-) you wouldnt need a ppg kit you could use a quaiffe gearset so the cost would be the same as getting a ppg box built (approx)

O

Odin

kirko said:
a billet aluminium casing is going to cost one hell of a lot more than £600

Did you not read the post properly numbnuts :doh: :lol: , It say's "BILLET STEEL" ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol: .

And as we all know steel is a lot cheaper than alloy.

Rob

kirko

Odin said:
Did you not read the post properly numbnuts :doh: :lol: , It say's "BILLET STEEL" ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol: .

And as we all know steel is a lot cheaper than alloy.

Rob

i didnt spot that first time i read it :oops: although it makes it even more unlikely anyway that they could machine a lump of steel that size:?
dont get me wrong im not being negative like i said in my first post i think it would be awesome if its possible and i would contribute towards any development costs as i did with the carbon props;-)
i dont intend selling my 'R' for a long time and if the weaknesses can be ironed out i probably never will 8)
good on rishi for coming up with these ideas:thumbsup:

Last edited:
O

Odin

Fast Guy said:
Are you looking at the gear case and bell housing?

A drawing of the whole gearbox because it would all need doing ;-) .

I've contacted the guy at Nissan UK that helped me with a letter to get my car through the M.O.T tests, He wants me to get Rishi to send him an Email from the Owners club asking for the drawing, And he will then pass it on to the right people ;-) .

He said he would do his best to help us get it.

Best I could do I'm afraid.

Rob

kirko

Odin said:
A drawing of the whole gearbox because it would all need doing ;-) .

I've contacted the guy at Nissan UK that helped me with a letter to get my car through the M.O.T tests, He wants me to get Rishi to send him an Email from the Owners club asking for the drawing, And he will then pass it on to the right people ;-) .

He said he would do his best to help us get it.

Best I could do I'm afraid.

Rob
there is some hope then:)

O

Odin

kirko said:
i didn't spot that first time i read it :oops: although it makes it even more unlikely anyway that they could machine a lump of steel that size:?

Well if they already make them for the Honda guys, I wouldn't Imogen that they charge a fortune would you ? :? . I know their is a far bigger market with the Honda's but the basic costs can't be that bad.

Rob

J

jpward

I can get a company here to price it too they recently did one for Mckinstry Motorsport he runs a team of S9's now i think and got a new case made cost near £20,000 I am told but was the dogs and also as far as i can remember he also has a syncro gear set so another possible cost increase.

If we knew the numbers interested Rishi you could then feed this into the equation and see how the start up costs spread out as you know that is the expensive part once the numbers have been crunched its game on!