Gear locker got stuck!

astarozna

It happened when the car was on dyno, 3rd and 4th gear locker got stuck in 4th. Just got the injectors set up so there wasn't even heavy load on the box. Sufficient amount of oil was in the box as well. It used to be light metal color.

Any ideas???

red reading

well to get that hot and discolour it must have been rubbing on something,have the selector fork's been shim'd correctly?

astarozna

I think so i'll check it tomorrow, when i opened it up what i saw was

note that the selector for is different color got nothing to do with heat just was like this from beginning(is form stronger metal), the selector shaft was way up!

red reading

what gearbox oil are you using as it looks very foamy!!, and i'd still say it's a selector fork shimming fault its either trying over or or under engage (more likely over), i use a casement end cover with the side's cut out so i can check this and do what's needed to fix it.

astarozna

what gearbox oil are you using as it looks very foamy!!
Lol, yeah it was washing it down hence the foam, oil is redline shock proof. Will measure it tomorrow, the thing is i drove it before about 100 miles with no problems that's why cant put my head around it.

red reading

It's just luck,and the fact the car was under no load for the first hundred mile's as you would have been changing gear constantly not just leaving it in 4th all the time.

astarozna

Coming back to this. All i can think of is combination of two things(maybe). Not enough oil and the box was missing an oil gutter. Anybodu else with dogbox not using an oil gutter???
The box was put together by reputable box builder, guess he figured that the gutter is not needed.

red reading

put the gutter's back in,without them there is no internal feed to the gearshaft's and you will wear the whole box out very very quickly, and it could have caused your problem too. think of not having the gutters the same as not having a oil pump on your engine!!!

astarozna

well, taht was kinda my understanding as well, the thing is, itis gone missing! Now i need 2 of them! What do want for them if you have. It might get tight while i´m there time wise.