Garrett 3071r turbo

chrisniss91

I bought my car 6 months ago and was told it had the above turbo, i was about to sell my car today until the buyer said that my turbo wasnt a 3071 and was just a cheap ebay rollerbearing turbo and wanted 1k off the price which i said no to. He said if it was a 3071 it would have a 4 '' outlet and that mine was too small. I just did a search and found you can get 2.75'' outlets , is it possible that mine may be that??

pulsar350R

yes your right they do make them in 2.75" and 4".
the best way to find out which turbo you have is to check the serial numbers, or even get some pictures up and someone will point you to the right direction

ChrisS

the buyers been a knob, does that mean any turbo with a 4inch outlet has to be a 3071r !! Most people tend to fit the 2.75" one as theres less hassel with clearance ect

ashills

all the proper straight fit 3071 s will be 2.75 inlet the 4" ones have to be bodged to fit so tell him to do one lol

P

pulsarboby

all the proper straight fit 3071 s will be 2.75 inlet the 4" ones have to be bodged to fit so tell him to do one lol
lol agree hes just trying to bait you down and get something for nothing

shroom

Tell him you accept the offer and I will come round and shove a 4" pipe up his ass as that's were he is talking from

JAMMA

How long has the turbo been on the car? If its more than 100 miles then it deffo wont be an eBay jobbie lol.