garret 2860 rs pulsar bob think u have one or anybody else

johnny gtir

long list of mods i will keep it short z32
sard 700cc injectors
standard manifold and elbow i know there restrictive but ...
pace front mount
goose exhaust
cams
power fc
had my car on dyno sure my turbo should of produced slightly more and spooled up quicker something seemed to choke it according to edd. its minimum mileage i bought it brand new. been on to the company they mentioned pre load on the acuator any thoughts. maybe a graph to compare mine with. my goose has two boxes in sure its silanced de cat and long shaped silencer ?

P

pulsarboby

the long shape box on exhaust is a resonator all gooses have them it wont be that.

if your ignition and fuellings good it should make nigh on 370bhp.....mine didnt as i had a misfire at top of rev range which i needed to fix

the standard tubby elbow could be stifling it as i have a free flowing elbow.
i cant be assed doing it now but if i get a chance over next day or so il upload my dyno graph then you can compare them.

with regard to preload on actuator.....well assuming your wastegate is held shut then it shouldnt be a prob unless the spring is weak and the wastegates opening prematurely, put the graph up so we can looky see as you aint mentioned what power it made, boost run or anything yet : /

Trip

Interesting to know what might be restricting power, I have identical setup, but standard cams, DP manifold and AM elbow/downpipe. Actuator is a 1bar

johnny gtir

I will post graphs up tonight. Made 320 bhp and 320 ftlb. All Edd said was, something is choking it up. When he turned boost up it just made more heat not power. Could it be wastegate not opening far enough? Only got a 0.64 exhaust housing.

snoon

It will be your standard turbo elbow.

A couple of years back, when on the standard elbow, mine made 317BHP at 1.2 bar and only 319BHP at 1.5 bar - Put new 3" elbow on and I gain about 50 horses upping the boost.

johnsy

i thought that what the ROLLING ROAD sessions were for , i mean diagnosing running problems, i thought they'd pick up what it was

Trip

When he turned boost up it just made more heat not power. Could it be wastegate not opening far enough? Only got a 0.64 exhaust housing.
If the wastegate does not open far enough, the turbo will create more boost without the means to control it. You might have a restrictions from either the elbow or the 0.64A/R

johnsy

johnny get yourself down to ASS exhaust's , they quoted me £400 for a elbow and downpipe

snoon

£400 seems expensive to me as I paid £280 for mine making up, but that was quite some time ago and when I collected it they weren't very happy with the peanuts they'd ended up making from it!

It will be £400 well spent though - Was the best mod I did to mine - Boost came on loads quicker and power gains were awesome.

skiddusmarkus

When you look at the standard elbow its a wonder these cars make 300bhp+ on them, its so restrictive.Mine has a 3" Janspeed downpipe and although it added a little lag initially(maybe 200rpm), once the boost comes in its a lot stronger and spools way faster than on the standard cast of shit.