G-Tech Pro performance meters

S

Stoned

Anyone had any experience with these?

A lot of people on other forums use them as they can measure your cars 0-60, 60-0 and 1/4 mile speeds and reckon they are a good guideline of your cars performance.

So I picked one up for £35 off Ebay and took the R out for a 0-60 run to see what I could get, and it recorded a 0-60 of 4.55 seconds which I was rather pleased with. I had an excellent launch for a change :)

My car runs 0.8bar boost, has an Apexi filter and a goose decat exhaust on lightweight 16" superleggera wheels and 45 profile tyres. It's also had the aircon removed and things like the spare wheel taken out to avoid unnecessary weight.

So does that time sound realistic to you all?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
What 1/4 did it give you?
Try running it in the car next time you go up the strip (if you do) and see how accurate it is :wink:

S

Stoned

I dont know yet. The road had a nasty bend shortly after setting my target 0-60 :(

A lot of the lads who have run the pod reckon the G-Meter times are consistant within .1 to .2 seconds of the timing gear on the strip so thats promising. Plus it records from the moment you start moving, not when a green light comes on which rules out driver response time.

N

Norfy

i borrowed one off a mate and it gave me a 0-80 time :? and told me i had 470bhp :!:

but i guessed the weight :lol:

Best thing to do is calibrate it up at the pod, or similar.
That way you can get the right settings for the weight (if diff than standard) but mainly the tilt settings.
Once set up gives you a good guide of how things are going.

R

Riggsbie

I have a Race Technologies DL90 logger which uses GPS, not tried it in my GTiR yet :(

But have used it on an Autotest in a Pug 106 Rallye which we won :D and it maps the test routes really well, as soon as I fix my cigarette lighter in the GTiR I'll pop it in there and give it a whirl 8)

C

clive760

meter

Riggsbie said:
I have a Race Technologies DL90 logger which uses GPS, not tried it in my GTiR yet :(

But have used it on an Autotest in a Pug 106 Rallye which we won :D and it maps the test routes really well, as soon as I fix my cigarette lighter in the GTiR I'll pop it in there and give it a whirl 8)
thes meters dont read very good as mate had 1 got his car set up ,then we tried meter & it was miles off he put it straigh back on ebay :lol:

mattygti-r

used one of these in 200sx once (think it was the race logic) cant remember

was ok , but i just use an apexi unit , seems very accurate,

Fire & skill

Vintage member
i got one of these g tech thingys. look ok for the money, it asks you to input your cars weight in lb's :?: i aint a butcher so how the feck am i supposed to know. i couldnt be arsed converting it from kg. i guessed and it said i had 9bhp which i thought was about spot on. i'll have another play about with it today :D

mattygti-r

Fire & skill said:
i got one of these g tech thingys. look ok for the money, it asks you to input your cars weight in lb's :?: i aint a butcher so how the feck am i supposed to know. i couldnt be arsed converting it from kg. i guessed and it said i had 9bhp which i thought was about spot on. i'll have another play about with it today :D
Could just use a Blitz :wink:

S

Stoned

You can type in google the weight and it will convert it

i.e. 1200kg in lbs

and it will give you the answer. I'm gonna take my car down to the docks and get them to weigh it on one of those lorry weighing systems.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
mattygti-r said:
Could just use a Blitz :wink:
true! im sure the gtech wont be a patch on it :D

i did find the gtech quite badly packaged, think it would be better wired in rather than plugged into the fag socket, and then theres that sucker for sticking it to the window :? thats getting ditched and it will sit just behind the steering wheel. (until my blitz arrives 8) )

S

Stoned

lol I know it's shit. Radio 1 during the day is rubbish, and worse still it had that Sara Cox with the annoying voice

MarkTurbo

Fire & skill said:
it asks you to input your cars weight in lb's :?: i aint a butcher so how the feck am i supposed to know. i couldnt be arsed converting it from kg
Theres 2.2046 lbs to a kilo :wink: Didnt you learn anything at school :roll: :lol: :lol:

warringtonjack

I use an Apexi RSM, managed to get 4.7 for the 0-100kmh, and a 14.8sec 400m! Only prob with the 400m was it was going round a bend and the kerb was a lot closer at the end than at the start!! :lol: This unit seems to be pretty accurate, you need to type in precise wheel/tyre diameter, etc.

Good fun in my book.