Fuel Swirl Pot/Pump’s

JU5TY

Hello strangers! :wink:

Just my fuel system/swirl pot left to plumb in.

Couple of questions...

At present I have a Sard High flow fuel pump in the tank, is this pump adequate to feed the swirl pot or overkill?
I plan to run -8 pipes from the swirl pot to the rail/fpr, then use -6 for the return to the swirl pot.

I’m using a Bosch 044 external pump after the swirl pot, does anyone know the thread size of this pump, is it AN -06?
Also does anyone know the thread size of the Sard Fuel Pressure Regular, is that AN -06 too?

Has anyone else on here gone down the fuel swirl pot route?

Long shot I know, but any feedback much appreciated!

Thanks…! :D

ashills

hi mate that is basically the same setup i used in evo and is good for over 550bhp no problems
i used a walboro intank to feed the swirl pot then a bosch 044 out of that

ideally u want new lines through car to make sure u get good enough delivery i used 10mm braided lines

if u wanna know anything else let me know on msn or something

MarkTurbo

I'm pretty sure the thread on the outlet of the 044 is M12x1.5, i'm using nearly exactly the same pump but its the '979' model whch has a slightly lower output :wink:

JU5TY

Kool thanks guys!

The Sard pump has a slight higher flow rate to the Walbro, but similar, so I assume this is ok to feed the Swirl Pot? Don’t need some special low pressure pump then?

Yeah will run the braided lines through the car with all the decent screw type connections, plan to use -8 hose for the fuel feed which is 1/2” (12.7mm) and -6 for the return 3/8“ (9.53mm).

Catch up on msn soon Allen!

Keira

JU5TY said:
Don’t need some special low pressure pump then?
nope, it should have an overflow from the swirl pot back to the tank so it wont matter how fast it gets filled, i'll be using a twin pump 5ltr swirlpot and a seperate pump from the main tank 8)

the man for the job is (mike) ex-gtir :wink:

he'll sort you no problem.

jonee

r

this setup realy works well, it completly stopped any fuel starvation problems that my old pooher had around left handers.

jonee